Sprinkling beginners of Spring 2014

Rose Lover from Lahore

Moderator: Izhar

Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Re: Sprinkling beginners of Spring 2014

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Stunning! But somewhere I have a thought that actual Beauty of Roses are being hidden by you. ;)
rafique
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

mikhurram wrote:Rafique you have a flair for taking amazing shots that have crispness. A visual treat.
Khurram sb, thanks. Its because of sharing and learning. Once one of very fine gardener and good friend quoted that when we share then we learn a lot from each other’s experience and that’s so true.
Most importantly Khurram sb, yesterday’s hailing and rain did not destroy the plants rather washed the plants and as a result images were crisp(My good luck).
jdashraf wrote:Simply Wow.. Your pansies are awesome..And so are Dianthus and roses.. Keep sharing the delight.
Javaid sb thank you and will do insha-ALLAH.
Mustansir Billah wrote:Stunning! But somewhere I have a thought that actual Beauty of Roses are being hidden by you. ;)
@Mustansir, sorry unable to get what you want to say? I am not hiding any thing dear :), these are the blooming roses right now which i am sharing .
Rafique
Mustansir Billah

Mustansir Billah wrote:Stunning! But somewhere I have a thought that actual Beauty of Roses are being hidden by you. ;)
@Mustansir, sorry unable to get what you want to say? I am not hiding any thing dear :), these are the blooming roses right now which i am sharing .[/quote]
These are actually blooming roses! :o I have seen your bush of roses and Then there are lots :) of blooms to come InShaAllah.
rafique

Post by rafique »

Mustansir Billah wrote:
@Mustansir, sorry unable to get what you want to say? I am not hiding any thing dear :), these are the blooming roses right now which i am sharing .
These are actually blooming roses! :o I have seen your bush of roses and Then there are lots :) of blooms to come InShaAllah.[/quote]
Oh.. :lol: You are getting sharp, having an eye on sorroundings too.
Rafique
mikhurram
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

by M Farooq »
Thank you Rafique bhai. Good to know new names. I also searched about your jasmine. It is Jasminum multiflorum in my opinion. Jasminum polyanthum has compound leaves like many other common jasmines (i.e. many leaflets) and yours is just a single leaf.
Yes it does seem to be Jasminum multiflorum as identified by Dr Farooq and this variety gives consistent blooms.

Would like to share that if one intends to grow a Jasmine purely for sake of fragrance then opt for Jasmine Polyanthus also known as the Pink Jasmine. Hands down it is the most fragrant Jasmine variety ever (deliciously fragrant). A whiff of its scent ...heaven.
The only drawback it has is that it blooms only once during the year i.e. around March. I am currently growing it again and will share the results soon. I would rate it amongst the most fragrant plants.
M Farooq
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

mikhurram wrote:
by M Farooq »
Thank you Rafique bhai. Good to know new names. I also searched about your jasmine. It is Jasminum multiflorum in my opinion. Jasminum polyanthum has compound leaves like many other common jasmines (i.e. many leaflets) and yours is just a single leaf.
Yes it does seem to be Jasminum multiflorum as identified by Dr Farooq and this variety gives consistent blooms.

Would like to share that if one intends to grow a Jasmine purely for sake of fragrance then opt for Jasmine Polyanthus also known as the Pink Jasmine. Hands down it is the most fragrant Jasmine variety ever (deliciously fragrant). A whiff of its scent ...heaven.
The only drawback it has is that it blooms only once during the year i.e. around March. I am currently growing it again and will share the results soon. I would rate it amongst the most fragrant plants.
Wow Khurram sahab, you have hidden treasures of fragrant plants! Actually, I had just created an entry for Rafique sb's jasmine http://www.gardeningpakistan.com/viewto ... =37&t=3408, I think his jasmine is Jasminum dichotomum, the so called rose bud jasmine. Jasminum multiflorum buds are not pink. What is your opinion about J. dichotomum?

And please share the pictures of "most fragrant jasmine variety ever".

Thanks.
mikhurram
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

by M Farooq » February 17th, 2014, 10:21 am
Actually, I had just created an entry for Rafique sb's jasmine viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3408, I think his jasmine is Jasminum dichotomum, the so called rose bud jasmine. Jasminum multiflorum buds are not pink. What is your opinion about J. dichotomum?
Thanks.
I believe one has to stand very close to Jasmine Dichotomum to experience its fragrance. I might be wrong and Rafique would be knowing better about the fragrance of Jasmine dichotomum as to whether it can be smelled from a distance?

The scent of Jasmine Polyanthum is heady and permeates in the air. Shall post pictures hopefully in March when it blooms.
Mustansir Billah

rafique wrote:
Mustansir Billah wrote:
These are actually blooming roses! :o I have seen your bush of roses and Then there are lots :) of blooms to come InShaAllah.
Oh.. :lol: You are getting sharp, having an eye on sorroundings too.[/quote]
Yes Sure... :D . The roses and rose plants of Umar sb., Yours and KBW sb. are a source of inspiration to me and I always seek upon Umar sb., KBW and yours advices.
rafique

Post by rafique »

mikhurram wrote:
by M Farooq » February 17th, 2014, 10:21 am
Actually, I had just created an entry for Rafique sb's jasmine viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3408, I think his jasmine is Jasminum dichotomum, the so called rose bud jasmine. Jasminum multiflorum buds are not pink. What is your opinion about J. dichotomum?
Thanks.
I believe one has to stand very close to Jasmine Dichotomum to experience its fragrance. I might be wrong and Rafique would be knowing better about the fragrance of Jasmine dichotomum as to whether it can be smelled from a distance?

The scent of Jasmine Polyanthum is heady and permeates in the air. Shall post pictures hopefully in March when it blooms.
Khurram sb the fragrance is not strong enough to feel from a distance but one can feel a sweet fragance within a feet.
Frooq Bhai you are looking absolutely correct about its cutivar identification. Thanks you for identification and database entry, you are doing a commendable efforts, may Allah Bless you.
Rafique
rafique

Post by rafique »

ofcourse i can't forget Hammad K too. :)
Rafique

Return to “Rafique's Garden”