Spring-2014-Updates

Rose Lover from Lahore

Moderator: Izhar

Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Re: Spring-2014-Updates

Post by Izhar »

rafique wrote: They above all performed well for me over a complete year.
Izhar Bhai Roses are the kind of plants which require care initially. Once they are established then require little care. Few suggestions are as under.

1. Initially I started fortnightly spray of0mixture of (confidor-5ml +NPK202020 tb spoon+1tb fungicide) in 5 liters. It was hectic and I left it soon.
2. Then I adopted symptomatic approach. Ie used Oberon for spites mites or confidor for others pests with npk foliar when ever observed pest/mites. it worked very well and I got relief too.
3. I am using regular fungicide fortnightly only in monsoon for Karachi it may be little more.
4. Sprinkle of SSP+Nitrophos. (approximate on average 1tb SSP and ½ tb Nitrophos fortnightly per plant), you can start with lighter doses else its quite safe. This dose not only give food to plants but also balance/adjust the ph of soil.
5. I tried my best to keep the roses moist through out summer to avoid drought shock by daily watering. Most of our plant suffer water shortage in our climate and then they take time to recover, so avoid this make them happy and healthy.
6. Avoid water logging in monsoon rains.
7. Give them good shower in hot days in early morning ,they would enjoy it.
8. Well drained soil as required for most of the plants.
Hope this would help a lot Insha-Allah.

Best Regards and Best of Luck.
Thank you so much for these tips, my all roses in bed are growing excellently, i have amended my soil with lots of composted manure but need to sustain this growth and your tips will enable me to do so... using NPK in foliar has previously gave me great results, now i will continue it on roses as well... BTW which brand of NPK are you using?
rafique
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

@Izhar i use either grow more's 202020 with trace elements or an equivalent Italian brand in small half kg packing just forget the name, preferably grow more.
I am sure that with exposure, experience and love you have for plants your roses would be splendid Insha-Allah.
Mustansir Billah wrote: I am still where to get Oberon or any other miticide as I have tried to find it but could not. If some one from Karachi know where I can find it please let me know.
@Mustansir you can use some other miticide or Izhar may provide some help to find in Karachi. It should be available on Bayer's outlets.
Rafique
Izhar

Post by Izhar »

Mustansir Billah wrote: I am still where to get Oberon or any other miticide as I have tried to find it but could not. If some one from Karachi know where I can find it please let me know.
I have it, will give you some
rafique
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

Izhar wrote:
is it not easily available in Karachi?
Rafique
Izhar

Post by Izhar »

not at all, got it from a friend in Bayer..
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Its very easily available at Mardan. I love the products Bayer gives us.I,l ask the dealer from where can you get it easily at Karachi or Hyderabad.
Mustansir Billah
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Izhar wrote:
JazakAllah Izhar bhai for generous offer...
Mustansir Billah

rafique wrote:
Izhar wrote:
is it not easily available in Karachi?
Rafique sb. once I asked Empress market Saeed store about Bayer products he said that it was available long time ago but now due to its less demand it is not Supplied to Karachi any more.
Mustansir Billah

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Its very easily available at Mardan. I love the products Bayer gives us.I,l ask the dealer from where can you get it easily at Karachi or Hyderabad.
Umar sb. it will be very helpful in finding Bayer product.

Return to “Rafique's Garden”