Garden Flint/Graphite/Stones

Gardening Information sources and Gardening Product outlets.

Moderator: Izhar

Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Garden Flint/Graphite/Stones

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Gardening associated stuff can cost fortune if you are buying it from a specialized shop and that too when it has word Gardening associated with it.
The so called Garden Flint/Stone/Graphite can cost fortune, however the same if procured from an alternate source can be much cheaper.

These stones are actually the trash/waste of Sange Mar Mar/Marble factories....that is used for various building purposes such as floor making. Most cities have Marble shaping/cutting Firms. Around these Firms you will find Hardware shops selling these Flints at a very cheap price. Similarly construction material shops also sale it.

These Flints are available in 6-8 colors(Red-White-Grey-Black-Creamy etc).
They are sold at around Rs.30 for a bag(approx 15 Kgs)
There are 2-3 sizes available from very small to pebble size.

These Flints can be used for Mulching(as they remain cool/Sange Mar Mar) and also to protect soil splash on plant foliage by putting a thin layer on the top of Pots.
Moreover they can be used as Garden Spread to cover soil patches or any other decorative purpose.
Attachments
golden.jpg
green.jpg
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Re: Garden Flint/Graphite/Stones

Post by Tahir Khan »

Good info... I myself use the local marble chips available in almost more colours than the bagged stuff. very cheap medium sized bag costs only 30 rupees.
jdashraf
Gardening Interests: Vines, Perennial flowers and plants , fragrant flowers , bulbs

Post by jdashraf »

Tahir Khan wrote:Good info... I myself use the local marble chips available in almost more colours than the bagged stuff. very cheap medium sized bag costs only 30 rupees.
Farhan Thx for info.
Tahir where can I get these marble chips in Pindi?
Javed Ashraf.
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

Ashraf you can easily get it from I-9 and I-10 industrial area near Faizabad good source for Marble related products

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Tahir Khan
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

jdashraf wrote:
Tahir Khan wrote:Good info... I myself use the local marble chips available in almost more colours than the bagged stuff. very cheap medium sized bag costs only 30 rupees.
Farhan Thx for info.
Tahir where can I get these marble chips in Pindi?
These marble chips are available at most of the shops carrying construction raw materials such as cement, marble tiles etc. you can also get these from Islamabad industrial area where there are factories of marble stone as indicated by Hammad sb.
Try city saddar road in Rawalpindi.

Return to “Gardening Resources”