Lahoris? Your say on the seed vendor chanan deen.?

Gardening Information sources and Gardening Product outlets.

Moderator: Izhar

Usama
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Plants, Roses, vines, Pruning & Training

Lahoris? Your say on the seed vendor chanan deen.?

Post by Usama »

Dear fellow lahoriites.
I need to know your opinion on the quality and price of seeds available with chanan din(His shop is in main market gulberg). Also, the guy in the shop seems cunning and may push you for something you dont need or want, but end up buying after-all. Anybody else who thinks the same? And who in your opinion has best quality and reliable seeds in lahore. I would be grateful if you share your opinion here.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: Lahoris? Your say on the seed vendor chanan deen.?

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

I heard his seeds and bulbs are not accurate to the specie he says.
ka_khan
City: peshawar

Post by ka_khan »

Seed count is less.Yes i agree that he may sell you what you dont need.Havent met him but his 'professionalism' could be judged that on phone he sold more then what i needed.
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

Wont recommend Chanan din seeds unless they are selling something that is not offered by anyone else in the market, seed count and quality is less, prices are high, falsification of items they sell.
mikhurram
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

I haven't had any issue with Chanan Din as i have buying from them along with Pride seeds for a number of years. Usually one has to compare the prices as some of them may be cheaper at Chanan Din or at Pride. All the seed shops offer the same seed variety along with bulbs. The source is the same and they only re-package it in their packets. Sometimes inevitably errors can result during re-packaging.

Chanan Din has a wonderful collection of seeds in small original packets which he bought this summer from USA. Some of these packets are from Ferry Morse and Eden companies. There are also some heirloom seed varieties which one is not likely to find at Pride seeds.
Tahir Khan

Post by Tahir Khan »

Maybe they are good for customers who go to their shop in person, but they have not done justice with the mail orders..they have put low quality seeds even though i asked them for superior quality regardless of price, they have failed to deliver customer care so i have stopped buying from them for now.
dragoonsers
City: Karachi

Post by dragoonsers »

I'm a karachiite buttt Sunny seeds seemed to work for me. I visited his shop as well. Doesn't have as extensive a collection of bulbs as pride/chanan but has enough for me. Trustable man, or atleast my experience.

CHANANDIN big no- sent rotted bulbs. i called he sent rotted again. Seeds did not come out to be what they were as well. Honest mistake? I doubt it.

Pride has very good seeds IMO.
Tahir Khan

Post by Tahir Khan »

I have also heard that Pride seeds have a good reputation in Lahore for seeds and bulbs....are there any specialties at Sunny seed ?
rafique
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

Pride and More Green both are reliable. Only go for chanan din if he has some thing that is not available to others. Not yet tried sunny seeds but his reputation is also very good.
Rafique
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Sunny view on old club road is the best at Lahore.At Islamabad Green Impex is the best.I don,t know why both of them don,t offer flower bulbs.May be its because flower bulbs are low in demand. Chanandin when say these Amaryllis are from Holland in the end of the Oct the stuff is super class. But if they say its from India in Jan then its not Amaryllis but spider lilly.About other bulbs i don,t know cause i don,t purchase other bulbs.

Return to “Gardening Resources”