Autumn Flowering Bulbs.

Moderator: Izhar

haris.kabir
City: Rawalpindi

Re: Autumn Flowering Bulbs.

Post by haris.kabir »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Haris does the Belladonna flower in our climate.from where you purchased the bulbs.its beauty in it self.if it flowers in our climate,i would plant a dozen of Belladonna.Nerine is also a beautiful bulb.do you grow crocus.
Yes Umar Sahab They do bloom in Islamabad. I got them from Awan garden centre F-8 Markaz, Islamabad around 2 months back. Now Mash Allah monsoon rains have helped break its dormancy and it has started growing. Indeed Nerines are the most beautiful of all the fall flowering bulbs. And if you are fortunate enough to get your hands on Nerine Sarniensis, u'l forget everythng from Amaryllis to daylillies ! :lol:
Nerine hybrids are very rare through out the world and it is not available anywhere in Pakistan.
I once tried a few Crocusis, dutch ones. But they rotted probably due to late planting and over watering. Never gave them a 2nd chance. If you are interested in growing them u must try White Saffaron Crocus. Very beautiful flowering + free saffaron!

P.S Saffaron is one of the most expensive spice in the world !
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

I love Belladonna Haris.once i used to grow it at Abbottabad.it blooms in autumn sending several flower stalks followed by glossy leaves.i like its fragrance.i,l try it at Islamabad now.
khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

Okay despite all my tries, no flowers from nerine yet. And i guess it will start leaves soon. Lycoris did send up blooms with no leaves.

What is the reason, any body successful in flowering nerine? There must be some requirements which we are unable to give this bulb.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

My summer dormant small bulbs still dormant and winter dormant ones still with leaves.
ashrafmujtaba
City: Multan
Gardening Interests: Kitchen Gardening

Post by ashrafmujtaba »

awesome work

Return to “Haris Kabir's Garden”