Hello1
Attachments
photo0268_001.jpg
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Re: What is Blooming in Your Garden

Post by Tahir Khan »

lovely... its called haworthia coarctata.
Hello1
City: Karachi

Cacti & Succulents

Post by Hello1 »

Besides the one pictured below, I have waterlilies in white and yellow colors as well. However, they do not flower so profusely. The black specks on the flower are Honey Bees.
Tahir Khan

Re: What is Blooming in Your Garden.

Post by Tahir Khan »

That is very beautiful :)
M Farooq
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Re: What is Blooming in Your Garden.

Post by M Farooq »

Hello1 wrote:Besides the one pictured below, I have waterlilies in white and yellow colors as well. However, they do not flower so profusely. The black specks on the flower are Honey Bees.
Wow, this blue water lily is one of my childhood dreams! I saw in Shalimar but it was too heavy on pocket then (I was school going)... but then I got pink water lilies...eventually we had to fill up the small pond because of mosquitoes.
Hello1

Astrophytum Myriostigma

Post by Hello1 »

This morning, I saw that the cactus bud which I had been observing for days, was about to bloom. Sure enough as the day progressed and the sun got hotter and brighter, this this delicate flower of exquisite lacy beauty emerged..

Just as I had finished phottographing it, I spotted a red tailed bulbul sitting on a champa branch. A very welcome visitor looking for a suitable nesting place.
Tahir Khan

Re: What Is Blooming In Your Garden

Post by Tahir Khan »

This is Astrophytum Myriostigma with very fragrant lime yellow blooms... My favourite :)
Hello1

Post by Hello1 »

Tahir Khan wrote:This is Astrophytum Myriostigma with very fragrant lime yellow blooms... My favourite :)
Tahir Sb: Glad you liked it. My experience was that it used to throw out just one flower in the summer. This time, contrary to accepted wisdom, I have been feeding it a balanced 20-20-20 fertiliser and also watering more than what is normally recommended. So, this time round, it's the 4th time this plant has flowered. Once it had 3 flowers at the same time. What is your take on this ?
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

@Hello1...just a humble suggestion. Please give proper heading to your thread in what is blooming in your garden.....the heading you are giving is a name of a section in forum :-)
Tahir Khan

Post by Tahir Khan »

Hello1 wrote:
Tahir Khan wrote:This is Astrophytum Myriostigma with very fragrant lime yellow blooms... My favourite :)
Tahir Sb: Glad you liked it. My experience was that it used to throw out just one flower in the summer. This time, contrary to accepted wisdom, I have been feeding it a balanced 20-20-20 fertiliser and also watering more than what is normally recommended. So, this time round, it's the 4th time this plant has flowered. Once it had 3 flowers at the same time. What is your take on this ?
It depends on the amount of sunlight it gets mine has thrown upto 4 blooms in a go i don't feed it with growmore instead i use DAP and potassium sulfate just 2 times in a season one feeding in March and other in July, watering a cactus as important as it is for other plants.. if you neglect a cactus it wont grow but will remain prostate and stunned

And yes you can post all cacti and succulent related material in the appropriate section

viewforum.php?f=38

Return to “Hello's Garden”