Roses 2013 (newly planted, mostly)....

A Seasoned Gardener & Rose Lover

Moderator: Izhar

Hamad Ahmed Kisana
City: Sheikhupura
Gardening Interests: Bulbs,Annuals,Perennials,Roses and Vines.

Re: Roses 2013 (newly planted, mostly)....

Post by Hamad Ahmed Kisana »

great sir you are talking like an authority on roses...i am impressed with your knowledge..continue the photography :lol: :)
KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Post by KBW »

bhai, I am just a novice in roses and there is so much more to learn. I am not a home gardener per se rather a plant and nature lover and out there in the wilderness, there are thousands of more plants than what I can possibly ever grow at home. So my main interest will always be there and not in home gardening alone. I think I am now motivated to finish a long outstanding project which I conceived in 1991 but could never get the time, energy or opportunity to complete it. That is hybridization of local wild specie roses with the top quality modern hybrids. Actually, many of the top quality roses, perennials and bulbs that we buy today still have their grand parents growing wild in our mountains. But I still lack the requisite knowledge and expertise to undertake such a task I guess and will have to work on it regularly. If everything goes well, it will take around five years to comeup with something profound. That is a dream that I am harbouring since long. :)
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Hi KBW gardening & pet birds are my hobbies since my childhood.Photography is never my interest.Now a days i am focusing on my Red Golden pheasants breeding.so no time for photography.i do it just for illustrations.
KBW
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Post by KBW »

I was very happy to collect this bouquet on 9 May when the temp is already around 40.

Caprice de Meilland, Fragrant Cloud and Pink Iceberg still flowering. Even now the flower size of Caprice de Meilland is more than double of fragrant cloud and iceberg.

Caprice de Meilland has impressed me the most. Undoubtedly, it is the most fragrant rose that I have and in the morning, I can smell it at 3-4 feet. Even now it has around 20 buds. Flower size has reduced due to heat but it is still larger than many. The most prolific rose that I have. :)

Glamis Castle is also doing well. Even in sunlight and 40 degrees temp, it's myrrh scent is strong which is very impressive. Since the bush is weak, I remove the flowers immediately after taking pics, if needed, otherwise the buds are removed.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Simply FANTASTIC! Meilland has really given us beautiful roses.
KBW
Donor
Donor

Post by KBW »

I really miss my roses. I keep checking about their health and have been told that they are growing fine. :(
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Its good you keep on knowing about your roses. It shows your love for your plants.

Return to “KBW's Garden”