Roses 2013 (newly planted, mostly)....

A Seasoned Gardener & Rose Lover

Moderator: Izhar

KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Re: Roses 2013 (newly planted, mostly)....

Post by KBW »

KBW wrote:An update....

The first in above post is of Fairest Cape and not Saeeda Kareem. Both are similar looking roses but Saeeda Kareem has larger flowers and stronger scent. Fairest Cape has a ting of yellow in it and is less fragrant. Sorry for the confusion.

A picture of Fairest Cape taken today morning.

Parentage of both roses is different.
Saeeda Kareem is Doris Tysterman x Queen Elizabeth

whereas Fairest Cape is
Aperitif × Harmonie
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Both are stunning.but i,l support Saeeda Karim as bred by our local breeder.thanks for the beautiful morning treat.its raining here at Mardan.
KBW
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Post by KBW »

I agree Umar bhai, Saeeda Kareem is better of the two. Bigger bloom and more fragrant.

Now here are the two most free flowering rose bushes in my house. Same rose...

Lots of large flowers every day on extra healthy bushes with a very strong frangrance. Early in the morning when I go near these bushes, no need to bring the nose close to flowers. Whole area is perfumed. Mind you at least 4-5 flowers from these two bushes are cut every day for vases. If you see in pic #2, there are over thirty flowers on two bushes. Gorgeous. :D
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

Love pink in roses. You have enough place for planned a rosy garden! ;)
rafique
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

Truly Gorgeous
Rafique
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Oh my goodness so beautiful perfect spiral buds,so rich & crisp color roses.which is this variety.
Omer Farooq
City: Karachi

Post by Omer Farooq »

Subhan allah..
a treat for eyes in this hot weather in karachi.
KBW
Donor
Donor

Post by KBW »

Thanks everyone. Umar bhai, as for the name of this very impressive pink rose, I am now confused. I have short listed over 10 roses which have the same colour, shape and are very fragrant. Will keep doing the research though :(

Now here are two roses which have impressed me a lot this year.

First is The Pilgrim. Scent is very very impressive, the flower shape is typical DA and I love the lemon yellow center with a cream outer petals. The flowers I am getting (and removing them soon afterwards) are still small as the plant is weak, I can foresee a very nice bush coming up.

I am still waiting for my Golden Celebration to flower. I have a climber and hope its flowers will be a good match to The Pilgrim.

And here is a stunning rose. Frankly, I am not very fond of white in the roses but this one has really impressed me....

Glamis Castle is something special. Look at this 8 inch high bush bearing two huge flowers for its size. I had to give support to the buds. After taking the pics, the flowers were removed. I wonder when the bush is fully grown next year, how many and what size of flowers it will bear. A light very different fragrance which they call "myrrh". Many people don't like it but I love it.

And finally, I love the write green foliage. The bush seems to be growing well. They were fed with special rocket fertilizer (cow and goat intestine, decomposed for seven months) and also a treatment of sulphuric acid.
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Bravo! Beautiful.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Beautiful specially the golden yellow.Brother every color has its own special place in the garden.

Return to “KBW's Garden”