Moderator: Izhar

Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Re: Bulbous plant’s Guide and FAQs

Post by Hamad »

Tahir Khan wrote:I want whit and pink rain lilies but haven't been able to find any source in Islamabad or Pindi...Please if anyone can help out :roll:
I m looking for Yellow Rain lily, any idea from where I can get them? Hamad AK or any other member.

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

Hamad wrote:
Tahir Khan wrote:I want whit and pink rain lilies but haven't been able to find any source in Islamabad or Pindi...Please if anyone can help out :roll:
I m looking for Yellow Rain lily, any idea from where I can get them? Hamad AK or any other member.

Hamad
I am looking for all three.Hope you both will share the source with me.
Madiha Humbal
City: Karachi

Post by Madiha Humbal »

Izhar wrote:Canna: from most of the nurseries near Karachi University and on Korangi Road

Dahlia: tubers are not available but right now you can find small plant of size AA flower. Visit Shaheen Nursery in Gulistan-e-Johr near Samama Shopping mall. Nurseries near Karachi University also have the small plants of Dahlia

Freesia, Gladiolus, Dutch Iris:you can get corms and rhizomes from seeds shops in Lahore & Islamabad via Pakistan Post e.g. Sunny View seeds, Pride seed store, Chanandin seeds, City Seeds, Awan garden

Ground Orchids & Louisiana iris: Available only as plants, Nurseries on Korangi Road. Visit Makkah nursery, Diamond Nursery and Sailors nursery.
THANKYOU very much Izhar sahab. i will try to locate these. as for the pride seeds, they are availible in karachi, at dolmen city, sea view. ill check them there. also can u please tell me the best time to plant these seeds.
JAZAKALLAH
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

These are bulbous plants and not seeds i have mentioned sources for... right now is the planting time for Dahlia, Freesia, Gladiolus, Dutch Iris.. others by March
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

Munir wrote:
Hamad wrote:

Hamad
I am looking for all three.Hope you both will share the source with me.
I will visit the Islamabad nurseries tomorrow..hopefully will find source.
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

Regarding yellow rainlilies, there is corner public ground near the Golden Nursery in Model Town, Lahore where there are thousands of yellow rain lilies in the grass field.
These are bulbous plants and not seeds i have mentioned sources for... right now is the planting time for Dahlia, Freesia, Gladiolus, Dutch Iris.. others by March
Louisiana Irises can be planted in the ground now but won't flower till Spring of 2015 (March).
Munir
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.

Post by Munir »

mikhurram wrote:Regarding yellow rainlilies, there is corner public ground near the Golden Nursery in Model Town, Lahore where there are thousands of yellow rain lilies in the grass field.
Mikhurram,when can they be removed & transplanted ?
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

Well Sir, it's been a while since i have visited that area. Hopefully i may visit that vicinity next week and shall inform. Once i used to have hundreds of yellow rain lilies but threw them away as the bloom time is very short (2-3 days) and size of the flower is very small.
Munir
Donor
Donor

Post by Munir »

mikhurram wrote:Well Sir, it's been a while since i have visited that area. Hopefully i may visit that vicinity next week and shall inform. Once i used to have hundreds of yellow rain
lilies but threw them away as the bloom time is very short (2-3 days) and size of the flower is very small.
Thank you,but take your time.No need of making a special trip for this purpose; check whenever happen to be around.
Does the plant/foliage also dry out? It could be then planted at a secluded place or appropriately located in the garden.
Mustansir Billah
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

I wanted to ask about Dahlia. Is Dahlia perennial in Karachi? I do not know about the variety but the nursery man said that he brought it from Lahore and It is a single plant which gives three colored flowers. He said that in summer cut down all the foliage and put the bulb in the soil and bring it back in August and plant in a small pot containing lots of well Rotted manure.

Return to “Bulb Growing Guides”