problems with bulbs

Cultivation Guide for various Bulbous Plants in Our Climate

Moderator: Izhar

Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: problems with bulbs

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Muhammad Bilal wrote: When the leaves of bulb start getting yellow its mean they dont want to alive more and have completed their period outside the soil and now they want to go into the dormacy. untill leaves are green, they make food for the bulb and it store in it. bulb get more healthy. apply a small quantity of DAP. This will make ur bulb more healthy and strong.
I tend to agree, SSP would be even better.... considering that bulb is moving to dormancy and phosphorous is better suited as per requirement.
If we follow the layman rule of thumb
Nitro - Green (in above case bulb in process of drying out)
Phos- Roots
Potash- Flower (not required in above state)
Muhammad Bilal
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Learner... Wished to be a well skilled Horticulturist.

Re: problems with bulbs

Post by Muhammad Bilal »

Farhan Ahmed wrote:
Muhammad Bilal wrote: When the leaves of bulb start getting yellow its mean they dont want to alive more and have completed their period outside the soil and now they want to go into the dormacy. untill leaves are green, they make food for the bulb and it store in it. bulb get more healthy. apply a small quantity of DAP. This will make ur bulb more healthy and strong.
I tend to agree, SSP would be even better.... considering that bulb is moving to dormancy and phosphorous is better suited as per requirement.
If we follow the layman rule of thumb
Nitro - Green (in above case bulb in process of drying out)
Phos- Roots
Potash- Flower (not required in above state)
yea super phosphate is better, I recommended DAP because of plant leaves were still green, Nitrogen for green and phosphorous for healthy root. DAP have low nitrogen and high in phosphorous. It was correct formula according to the situation of plant.
Learn & Share

Return to “Bulb Growing Guides”