Beautiful Amaltas (Cassia fistula) flowering in my Street

Moderator: Izhar

UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Re: Beautiful Amaltas (Cassia fistula) flowering in my Stree

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Let me add this is not the only case.If you some day let your peacock in free range they will catch it up & hide it up.I have lost two peacocks in this way. So one can not even enjoy pet in free range Ha ha ha.
newton
City: jhelum

Post by newton »

Farhan Ahmed wrote:Idealism Vs Realism :P
Ah.....

But you see.....Idealism detached from action is just a dream. But idealism allied with pragmatism, with rolling up your sleeves and making the world bend a bit, is very exciting. It's very real. It's very strong.
newton

Post by newton »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Ha ha ha Ifzal sb i am planting annuals on the road side for so many years.So many are missed & i plat new one thinking Akher kitne pude le jaen ge. But even then it hurts me. I bring seedlings from Islamabad & plant them. The other day you see some are missing.The same problem is at Islamabad.Every time i plant some annuals the very next week some are missing so the strong emotions are natural my dear.But still i keep on planting annuals Akher kitne chra ke leke jaen ge.
Think positively of all the new gardeners you have created and introduced to the hobby . Like a child you never knew you had ,,,, akher kirre tho laghey gha na apna poohl :D

Sir with the way you speak I can see you are a very wise man and wisdom cannot be stolen, it can only be shared.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Ha ha ha thanks Ifzal.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

I am for Realism.....:P
newton

Post by newton »

Crikey Farhan Sb a forum on gardening in Pakistan debating subjects of philosophy, quantum physics, history and politics arising from the gardening subject ..... Just missing insight from Contemporary Islamic philosophy maybe some Sufi scholars amongst our readership could contribute?
Farhan Ahmed wrote:I am for Realism.....:P
"Idealism is "what could be" where realism is "what actually is". Another comparison is that idealist are positive thinkers where realists tend to be very rational. When it comes to a decision made by the realist they must think it through looking at all sides of the situation before making their decision. They make a safer, practical decision, where as an idealist will be more risky with their decisions. Some say that there is a difference on how an idealist and a realist deal with set backs in their lives. For a realist makes calculating decisions or goals that can be reasonably reached. An idealist tends to set goals that are so out of reach that it is impossible to get to the point of reaching them. Even this being the case an idealist always looks for the good in situations so their set backs may not affect them as highly as a realists. An idealist shapes his own situation with his ideas, where as a realist will assess his situation in a non emotional way. Over all idealists and realist are two different perspectives on life.

There are significant contrasting plus sides to both. To be an idealist is to reach for the stars. However, idealists often become lost in their dreams, and forget the real world around them; and as a result can acquire an out-of-touch aura about them. Realists on the other hand are more grounded in reality (hence the name), and as a result are often better prepared to deal with it. However, as they focus too much on reality, they often aim lower than can be reached, only aiming for what can be reached with assurance, and as a result often miss out on the few times they could reach excellence.

The question that one may ask is: Which of the two ways is considered more appropriate in Islam? Based on what we can infer from the Qur’anic verses and traditions, Islam has considered a moderate and balanced approach.

Sometimes the situation is such that civil society must be formed based upon the first Muslim community established by the Prophet (s) in Medina in which the guiding principle was that whatever can be done or assumed by the people must be delegated to them. They must assume the responsibility of meeting the primary needs such as education, power, water and the environment, and not allow certain profiteers and opportunists to take advantage and encroach upon the rights of the underprivileged and deprive them of their basic needs. In such a case, the state must enter the realm of social activities to counter the devious plans of profiteering capitalists. Improving your own environment outside your residence is one of the most basic human rights.

Allah has promised to the believing men and the believing women gardens, beneath which rivers flow, to abide in them, and goodly dwellings in gardens of perpetual abode; and best of all is Allah's goodly pleasure; that is the grand achievement (Qur'an 9.72)
"

I agree Farhan Sb...... whilst young be realistic, but as you get older become idealistic. You'll live longer :D

Regards
Ifzaal
Farhan Ahmed

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

I think i am aged enough :P.....
On the contrary, the aged.....being realistic .....is more serene, contended. Because he understands how things are, will be and why they are such. With age comes understanding, hence realism...lets not go into examples :-)
Idealism is for youngsters.....
Farhan Ahmed

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Let me add this is not the only case.If you some day let your peacock in free range they will catch it up & hide it up.I have lost two peacocks in this way. So one can not even enjoy pet in free range Ha ha ha.
Peakcock Biryani ........:-)
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

newton wrote:Crikey Farhan Sb a forum on gardening in Pakistan debating subjects of philosophy, quantum physics, history and politics arising from the gardening subject
Debating knowledge here is far better than watching political TV shows where the host and guests behave as if once the government is given their hands, Pakistan will become a heaven in few days; in reality, the output is nil after 35 mins of the show. There is no increase in knowledge before and after. The generation of 80s will remember that PTV/ STN showed lots and lots of educational documentaries about nature, science, universe etc. which increased general awareness about science among the public. All of them have vanished.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Why do you forget talk shows are only TALK SHOWS and nothing more than talk,talk,talk and best example of bigotry.

Return to “Javed Ashraf's Garden”