Summer 2015 Blooms

Moderator: Izhar

jdashraf
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Vines, Perennial flowers and plants , fragrant flowers , bulbs

Summer 2015 Blooms

Post by jdashraf »

Summer season has already set in. Due to late flowering of spring flowers, It was hard for me to remove petunia from my lawn.. therefore I was late in planting summer seedlings.. Have planted only Zinnia, celosia, portulaca and few plants of marigold this summer.. Zinnia and portulaca have started blooming...
And few portulaca flowers..
Javed Ashraf.
farah fayyaz
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Annuals, bulbs and kitchen gardening.

Re: Summer 2015 Blooms

Post by farah fayyaz »

Excellent. I am still waining for my zinnia blooms which I boight from Islamabad Club. And I am late as far as portulaca is considered, however previous ones are alright.
jdashraf
Gardening Interests: Vines, Perennial flowers and plants , fragrant flowers , bulbs

Post by jdashraf »

farah fayyaz wrote:Excellent. I am still waining for my zinnia blooms which I boight from Islamabad Club. And I am late as far as portulaca is considered, however previous ones are alright.
All the best..
Javed Ashraf.
Shazia Khurram
Gardening Interests: Patio garden? Landscaping, beginner and willing to learn all that I can.

Post by Shazia Khurram »

Beautiful blooms. I'm in pindi and have planted the same plants as you. Nipped the first flower buds of Zinnea for a bushier plant. Unfortunately, the birds are destroying my Zinnea leaves :(
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Shazia Khurram wrote:Beautiful blooms. I'm in pindi and have planted the same plants as you. Nipped the first flower buds of Zinnea for a bushier plant. Unfortunately, the birds are destroying my Zinnea leaves :(
Not only the house sparrow, the Bulbel and other birds love them too.I use fishing net to protect them when young and let them feast when the plants are big enough.

Return to “Javed Ashraf's Garden”