Bermuda Grass

Discussion on Grasses

Moderator: Izhar

mohammadkalim
City: Karachi

Bermuda Grass

Post by mohammadkalim »

hi,

i want to plant the grass in my i have clear all the old grass from the root but now some "useless jangli" grass always come's i hate that thats a reason i will popup all the grass. Now i want to grow some good grass i research on your forum and found that bermuda grass is usefull, but i don't know where can i get those bermuda grass seeds and which soil & fertilizer i should mix on the matti.

please tell me in detail first where can i get those seeds in karachi and i have around 500 sq.ft garden. so please also tell me how much seeds i need ?
should i purchase from the impress market from those grass ?

i am very thankful if you tell me in details every thing.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: Bermuda Grass

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

I would suggest buying grass rather than seeds. Season for planting grass is in early spring so you will have to wait a little(For karachi it might be different). Generally it is available by feet ( ranging from Rs.6 to Rs.20 per Sq feet) and you would atleast require 150-200 Sq Ft for quick ground cover otherwise you can space it wide apart but it will take time. It requires large amount of water in initial stage kind of flooding state so i hope you don't have watering issue.

As you already have wild grass you would need to take it all out before planting new so that chances are less of it coming up again. Thoroughly dig the ground atleast a foot and let it lay so that any left over grass that comes up again to be plucked out again. Add river soil/silt so that initially the ground is soft for grass to expand quickly.
mohammadkalim

Post by mohammadkalim »

farhan137 wrote:I would suggest buying grass rather than seeds. Season for planting grass is in early spring so you will have to wait a little(For karachi it might be different). Generally it is available by feet ( ranging from Rs.6 to Rs.20 per Sq feet) and you would atleast require 150-200 Sq Ft for quick ground cover otherwise you can space it wide apart but it will take time. It requires large amount of water in initial stage kind of flooding state so i hope you don't have watering issue.

As you already have wild grass you would need to take it all out before planting new so that chances are less of it coming up again. Thoroughly dig the ground atleast a foot and let it lay so that any left over grass that comes up again to be plucked out again. Add river soil/silt so that initially the ground is soft for grass to expand quickly.
thanks so much but where can i get the bermuda grass i live in johar and their are all stup nurseries and those don't know what is bermuda grass...
Farhan Ahmed

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Wait for some karachite to comment please. It is not available with the name of Bermuda grass rather american,fine dhaka etc. These are types of bermuda. Let the experts say something.
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Ask for "amreekan ghaas"... you will get Korean grass (Zoysia tenuifolia)..
Ask for "dhaka ghaas" or "sasti wali ghaas"... you will get Bermuda grass (Cynodon dactylon)..
check out their pictures on google images and you will get the idea...
mohammadkalim

Post by mohammadkalim »

Izhar wrote:Ask for "amreekan ghaas"... you will get Korean grass (Zoysia tenuifolia)..
Ask for "dhaka ghaas" or "sasti wali ghaas"... you will get Bermuda grass (Cynodon dactylon)..
Thanks Izhar soo much you are great and helpful.. ;)
asimishtiaq

Post by asimishtiaq »

mohammadkalim wrote:
Izhar wrote:Ask for "amreekan ghaas"... you will get Korean grass (Zoysia tenuifolia)..
Thanks Izhar soo much you are great and helpful.. ;)
Kalim Did you find the grass you looking for?iam having the same problem i had American grass with me but some how it got ruined now iwanted to place it again kindly let me know from where did you get it?seeds or you got yourself a Patch of grass?
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Kalim sb use Round up on the wild grass.it will kill all the unwanted grass.after two weeks plant Bermuda grass.
Antonio.Benderas
City: حیدرآباد، سندھ

Post by Antonio.Benderas »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Kalim sb use Round up on the wild grass.it will kill all the unwanted grass.after two weeks plant Bermuda grass.

Dear "Round Up" is any pesticide?

any one of u plz tell me best grass for lawn. available in hyderabad or karachi....
Farhan Ahmed

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Antonio.Benderas wrote:
Dear "Round Up" is any pesticide?
Herbicide(Jari botti kush).....to kill unwanted growth.

Return to “Lawn/Grass”