Grass Seeds vs Grass Patches

Discussion on Grasses

Moderator: Izhar

Rafaiy
City: Rawalpindi

Grass Seeds vs Grass Patches

Post by Rafaiy »

A0A!

Planning to change grass from korean to american...i am getting these grass patches from the nurseries whereas grass seeds are also available at seed stores...need opinion from members which one is better in terms of quality and speed of growing and covering the required area...

Regardz
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: Grass Seeds vs Grass Patches

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

hmmmmmm......i would go for patches. I think its a little late for seed, Its just my opinion. Patches will also coverup quick.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Aoa Rafaiy dont go for seeds.first here the seeds are not reliable.no two raising grass from seeds is not an easy task.just go to chak shazad & purchase it from there.last year i purchased Bermuda from a person.let me give u his contact no 03009896487.i don,t remember his name.but you will get fresh Bermuda from him.visit the farm house.select your choice & purchase.Tell him you wanna exchange your Korean grass.Korean is expensive so you can get Bermuda almost free.
After removing Koren water your plot.if any growth of Korean & weeds appear spray Round up.when all the korean & weeds are killed after a week.wait for another week.don,t add more soil as it may contain wee seeds.if you wish more soil then water it again & when weeds appear spray it again.wait for a week when the weeds change color to hey remove it & wait for another week.then plant your new bermuda grass.
ka_khan
City: peshawar

Post by ka_khan »

I had a American grass and after some years changed it to Australian.Dont find any difference.Weeds easily find their way.Now i am thinking about Korean.Its tough and one thing is they dont let weeds grow in them.
What is Bermuda grass?is this American and Australian Bermuda?
If i prepare ground now how much time will it take to cover the area of 40x20?
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

there are main two grasses.Bermuda & Korean.there is no American,Australian , Chinese, Dhaka all these are locally given names to Bermuda.
ka_khan
City: peshawar

Post by ka_khan »

Thank you Umar khan.First i grew so called American then changed it to Australian.Couldnt find any difference.Now am planning to get Korean.Loved it but someone told me its hard to take care of and with time dry patches form.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Kamran both types of the grasses need care & love.Bermuda is a lawn grass where as Korean is ground cover.but in our country even the Korean is used as lawn grass.Korean is hard to maintain as it is very hard while moving.
Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

I have listened that National Stadium Karachi's grass had came from Autralia. How can it be?
From patch or the whole?

Return to “Lawn/Grass”