korean grass

Discussion on Grasses

Moderator: Izhar

umerilyas
City: lahore
Gardening Interests: intrested in fruits plants

korean grass

Post by umerilyas »

I have planted korean grass in form of 3 x 3 feet patches,it is now well grown in land in 3 months but it is not as condense as it was originaly when planted and does not give the feel of carpet .i applied npk,after a month urea but does not got any got result,any suggestion to make my grass condense and carpet like will be appreciated.
thaks
umer
ka_khan
City: peshawar

Re: korean grass

Post by ka_khan »

Dear it will take little time.It will give you results after few initial cuttings.
newton
City: jhelum

Post by newton »

the more often you cut it the denser it will grow. You see your grass will adapt by creating smaller finer leaves with side branching after each cut. the second thing is not to cut it too short so that the weeds don't get hold in patches of bare exposed soil. its better to cut twice rather than one deep drastic cut.

use a good lawnmower with good quality blades so that the blades are sharp enough to cut rather than pull the grass out
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

umerilyas wrote:I have planted korean grass in form of 3 x 3 feet patches,it is now well grown in land in 3 months but it is not as condense as it was originaly when planted and does not give the feel of carpet .i applied npk,after a month urea but does not got any got result,any suggestion to make my grass condense and carpet like will be appreciated.
thaks
umer
Just get rid of it; it is not meant for mowed lawns. It is used for landscaping where it forms irregular mounds and is not trimmed.
farah fayyaz
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Annuals, bulbs and kitchen gardening.

Post by farah fayyaz »

I am also not satisfied with my korean grass.Monsoon came and passed but my dream of having lush green carpet like grass could not come true.I applied urea but it burnt it from different places.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

I think Farrah you have over dosed your grass with urea.Another factor can also be there.You shattered urea granules but do not watered & waited for the rain.Third factor is also possible you have only fed urea.
farah fayyaz

Post by farah fayyaz »

yes. u r true.i overfed and secondly i applied only urea.please any suggestion for future.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Feed your lawn some DAP in the winter when it turns brown.These days spray micro nutrients on the grass after moving it & also apply some NPK.
farah fayyaz

Post by farah fayyaz »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Feed your lawn some DAP in the winter when it turns brown.These days spray micro nutrients on the grass after moving it & also apply some NPK.
I didn't understand "after moving it'.Please explain it further.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

I mean after mowing your lawn.After each cut feed it with liquid fertilizer with trace elements.Farrah one thing that Korean is not a lawn grass but is used for landscaping.If you have planted it this season it will make a good mate next season because Korean is a slow growing grass.

Return to “Lawn/Grass”