information regarding dhaka grass.

Discussion on Grasses

Moderator: Izhar

newton
City: jhelum

Re: information regarding dhaka grass.

Post by newton » September 11th, 2013, 2:27 pm

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:I have found that the ordinary Talla growing on the road side is the most hardy best grass.The trick for a good lawn is more frequent mowing at at-least one inch height.
I concur totally with you on this one sir

UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN » September 11th, 2013, 6:45 pm

Sir Arif if you are mentioning the local grass that is best.I don,t know about Talla.is it Cabal our local grass.

Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir » September 11th, 2013, 8:04 pm

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Sir Arif if you are mentioning the local grass that is best.I don,t know about Talla.is it Cabal our local grass.
Some people call it Khabbal, also.

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan » September 11th, 2013, 8:25 pm

Talla is the local variety of Bermuda Grass, it was sold in Ghass Mandi for the horses.
Name talla is no more in use,it was called talla because like talla (sole) of a shoe it remains flat.
Dhaka and Bermuda names bring better price.

UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN » September 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm

You are right i have seen the local Khabbal in many lawns.Sir Arif it makes very lush lawn grass if frequently mowing it.Munir sb actually Khabbal is the word for grass in Pashto also.Some times i have observed that local grass beside rivers even grows more greener than our in the lawns.This season i noted it & shown to my friend how green is the grass.What surprised no fertilizers,cattle also graze on the grass.

amirnasir
City: Swabi
Gardening Interests: Seasonal flowers, mowing grass with different styles, Just All about gardening, I love gardening

replacement of grass

Post by amirnasir » March 24th, 2014, 8:54 pm

salam every one. i am new at the forum and really excited about the site established. i learn a lot from the the discussion you people made and found it really interesting and informative. My a problem that i have bermuda grass at my garden but i want to replace it with other type of grass i e korean or zoysia. but i dont know how to replace and which grass should i replace with bermuda. i am interested in korean.. waiting for your valuable suggestions.

UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN » March 26th, 2014, 12:35 am

I personally like Bermuda but its all about personal taste.First of all sale out your Bermuda.Take the fresh rates then you will get the idea.Sale out so you can generate enough funds from your own established grass.Once all the grass is up rooted , purchase Round up.Water the alloted plot.After some days the roots of the old grass will bounce back & new grass will be visible.Once the grass is clearly visible water it. After watering it spray round up. After a week all the grass will change the color.Remove all the grass & after some days water it again repeat the same process again.
You must do it to avoid the mixture of the two grasses.Other wise your grass will be a mixture of two species.
Hoe the plot applu DAP & level it.After that purchase fresh Korean grass.Don,t hurry don,t plant in shape of carpet.That
does not make good turf.Keep in mind that Korean grows slow, your new lawn may take 6-7 months to cover the plot fully.

Return to “Lawn/Grass”