Grass for roof top lawn (From Ali Raza)

Discussion on Grasses

Moderator: Izhar

khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Grass for roof top lawn (From Ali Raza)

Post by khabbab »

Dear All,
I wonder anyone could assist me in selection of grass for roof top lawn. I have read the queries and their answers available at this forum but none of the information could address my query.
The issue is that I have hired a professional lawn developer for developing a lawn at the roof top of my residence. The person I have hired for this job prefers placement of American grass and on the other side friends are suggesting Korean one. Please advice in selection of grass for roof top lawn with pros and cons, please.

Regards,
Ali

[originally posted by Ali raza]
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
etchemzee
City: Islamabad

Re: Grass for roof top lawn (From Ali Raza)

Post by etchemzee »

Ali Raza,

You have a similar problem as myself..... only I am looking for some advice on grass selection (between american & korean) for my backyard lawn

Let's see what do the experts say....... I am sure the advice for one would be good for the other, too

Best of luck

Hashim Mehdi Zahid
Hashim
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

It’s a request to both of you that whatever you do in the future regarding roof top grass please do share your experience with us and also do guide us coz in future I m also planning something alike, thank you and I will do appreciate that.
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

sharing my experience......i just installed grass in my lawn(not a roof top).....available grasses where korean, american, china, local and panch dhaka..........korean was dense but very rough....not suitable for bare foot walking :-)......i saw the samples for all and as advised by the experts available here....panch dhaka appeared best.....it is soft, dense and very fast growing to an extent that it is said to be invasive.....its been ten days and already its covering a greater area.....i have heard that it is very suitable for karachi enviroment..........
sweetpaki
City: Karachi

Post by sweetpaki »

hey,
i wanted to know that 2......i live in karachi nazimabad.....roof is covered with marble :( it'd be better to have grass on it :)
It's Ali Raza Here...student of BBA in FAST.....i've a site which is
http://sharez4all.com/

Return to “Lawn/Grass”