Grass Cutter

Discussion on Grasses

Moderator: Izhar

forcetrip
City: Karachi

Grass Cutter

Post by forcetrip »

How much would you say the old England made grass cutters used should go for. My next door neighbour is selling his and is asking Rs15000. Any help would be appreciated.
Johara
Donor
Donor

Re: Grass Cutter

Post by Johara »

I don't know the condition nor the make of the mower your neighbour is selling but 109 pound sterling sounds rather high for a used lawn mower when you can buy a brand new one for 97 pounds. The Pakistani made mowers work just as well and are easy to maintain. Unless you plan to mow your own lawn I would not entrust such an expensive cutter in the hands of a mali.
forcetrip

Post by forcetrip »

The grass cutter I am talking about is at least 25 years old with very simple mechanics. I am sure a lot of gardening enthusiasts know which one I am talking about. Its an all metal construction. It is impossible to break or damage it. Other than the regular oiling the construction is unavailable in today's market flooded with the Chinese and local knock offs of the exact same thing. I am going to see the name of this particular machine and post it later.
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

I got an electric lawnmower from Brandreth road Lahore for Rs 16000 made by black and decker.
forcetrip

Post by forcetrip »

Good God .. Thanks for your info.. It helped me make my decision against it.

Return to “Lawn/Grass”