!!!!Help and suggestion for New Lawn

Discussion on Grasses

Moderator: Izhar

talha.bin.ayub

Re: !!!!Help and suggestion for New Lawn

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

Now that u got some replies from the best on the forum, share your knowledge and pictures of your vineyards with us. Seems like u r the best person to talk on these...

Sent from TBA iPhone using Tapatalk
Kashif Noon
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: trees, flowers, grass

Post by Kashif Noon »

I intend to grow a lawn. The area is approximately 10000 square foot parts of it are shady but most of it gets sun. the surface is stony underneath, but there is a layer of cracked clay an inch deep perhaps.... this place is in Islamabad on simly dam road. I request information about what should I buy (type of grass) and from where in Islamabad can i get the best deal, what should i mix with earth (I have 20 trolley load of good earth for spreading). Please guide me totally clue less and especially a good nursery/place, i have heard these nursery guys hoodwink you ...please help
Alam64
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Plants

Post by Alam64 »

Izhar wrote: February 24th, 2016, 10:10 am The basic reason grass fails is the short duration of direct sunlight it gets... now as you have mentioned about the duration, you can prepare the soil first, adding an inch of cow manure and mixing it in upper 4 inch of soil would give a good mix... if your soil is compact and clay type, then add 1 tablespoon gypsum per squarefoot area before adding cow manure... after mixing these things in soil, water it generously.. keep it moist for 30 days, pick any weeds which grow during this period.. It is recommended to not to use grass seeds, as they dont make a uniform lawn... rather buy actual grass and plant it in soil..
Izhar sb
Why do we need to add gypsum?
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

It lowers the salinity and make soil soft...

Return to “Lawn/Grass”