Amaryllis

A Bulb Lover

Moderator: Izhar

UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Re: Amaryllis

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Khurram i think Nymps are the best.i,l complete my nymph collection this year Inshallah.I,l add Sweet Nymph,Exotic nymph & pink nymph Inshallah.Peacocks are also good but bloom size is not that big as nymphs.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Khurram i think Nymps are the best.i,l complete my nymph collection this year Inshallah.I,l add Sweet Nymph,Exotic nymph & pink nymph Inshallah.Peacocks are also good but bloom size is not that big as nymphs.
What is the bloom size of your Nymphs?
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Arif sb i have never measured the size but Nymphs are the largest doubles.Peacocks are not that large.Arif sb i like fully double large flowers.big roses,big hibiscus & big amaryllis.i am no more intrested in single amaryllis & hibiscus.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Arif sb i have never measured the size but Nymphs are the largest doubles.Peacocks are not that large.Arif sb i like fully double large flowers.big roses,big hibiscus & big amaryllis.i am no more intrested in single amaryllis & hibiscus.
Umar, please show ALL your Amaryllises in one post, for us to enjoy.
Thanks
Arif
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

Very nice collection. The one which is red with the white center is Splash. I got Papillio last year and it bloomed. This year it also bloomed. Let's see what happens next year. I must say that Khan sahib is right, the Nymphs are the best doubles and the largest out there. Out of all the pure pink singles La Forest Morton seems to me to be the largest flower.
mikhurram
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

papilio has a strange behaviour. For some people it is a repeat bloomer and for some it tends to go in a hibernation for several years and then starts sprouting regularly on a annual basis.

Splash has pointed leaves but the leaves of this variety are rounded. I seem to have forgotten the name of this cultivar. Perhaps Arif Sahib can shed some light on actual name of this cultivar.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

That is not Splash but Flaming Peacock.the petals of Splash are narrower.Actually some times its very difficult to ID the varieties as there is very slight difference.some times even the color patren changes because of the cross pollination.this mostly happens with Glads.
mikhurram
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

Yes you are right. Flaming Peacock it is.

Diameter of White Nymph is somewhere around 5 to 5.5 inches.

Finally "Picotee" has bloomed. The double version is yet to bloom or may have perished.
Attachments
Picotee
Picotee
Picotee
Picotee
Kaleem
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Annual, Tropical and Bulbous plants

Post by Kaleem »

Wow....
Healthy and beautiful, please save at-least one offset for me.
Kaleem
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

AOA Imran,
Amaryllis are extremely hardy and easy to grow.
Only those you couldnt care less about. I have lost many of my precious ones, mostly on trans planting.
Splash has pointed leaves but the leaves of this variety are rounded. I seem to have forgotten the name of this cultivar. Perhaps Arif Sahib can shed some light on actual name of this cultivar.
Long ago I stopped purchasing registered cultivars, sorry cant be of any help.

Return to “Mi Khurram's Garden”