Clematis

A Bulb Lover

Moderator: Izhar

hassan167
City: gujrat

Re: Clematis

Post by hassan167 »

beautiful.is it available in islamabd nursury?and any idea about price?
Kaleem
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Annual, Tropical and Bulbous plants

Post by Kaleem »

I have any see any kind of Clematis vine in the nurseries of Islamabad.
Imagine the size of the flower :)
Attachments
m_011.jpg
Kaleem
newton
City: jhelum

Post by newton »

Like you I too have clematis growing through climbing roses. It will be the third year they are flowering. I have planted them as a series along the wall.

In total there are 7 differant clematis interspersed with seven climbing roses. Each one provides a contrast. I will post pics when I return to the office.
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

Clematis plants which bloomed in the middle of march are blooming again. Clematis roots tend to outgrow the size of the pots quickly. Small plants purchased in 2011 were placed in 10 inch pots and within an year the roots were coming out of the pots and consequently they were shifted to 14 inch pots and i suspect that the roots may have approached the end of the pot. Either i would have to shift them to an 18 inch pot or plant them in the ground.

If planted in a dappled shade having a raised bed, more blooms can be experienced. The first two pink flowers are from the same plant. Not so sure about the name. Its either Ville de Lyon or Ernest Markham.

There are 3 groups in Clematis. Group 1 (early flowering), Group 2 (large flowering), group 3 (late flowering).
Group 2 and 3 have different pruning requirements. Flowering depends on pruning time. Group 3 require more pruning and are more suitable to our zone. I haven't pruned till date which might be the reason for lesser blooms.
Viticella varieties (group 3) are generally more heat resistant , do not experience any clematis wilting (a common disease in clematis) and bloom more profusely even though the flower size is smaller and are more suitable to our zone.
Attachments
Gypsy Queen
Gypsy Queen
Ville De Lyon or Ernest Markham
mikhurram
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

Clematis Durandii is a decidous non climbing clematis. Its maximum height is 6-7 foot making it ideal to grow in pots and has the ability to repeat bloom throughout the year. The first photo was able to capture its actual colour (Blue). The second photo is showing purple (Should have been blue).

The following was mentioned about this variety on a website.
"Clematis ‘Durandii’ (syn. Clematis x durandii) makes fabulous cut flowers! In Japan this beauty is revered as a cut flower and I am sure the reason is because it has an incredibly long shelf life (i.e. they will live up to three weeks as a cut flower)."
Attachments
Durandii
Durandii
Durandii
Durandii
Kaleem

Post by Kaleem »

All are pretty but Ville De Lyon or Ernest Markham with shocking pink color has unique attraction. You have a good collection, from where have you bought these and what is the average price of each one?
Kaleem
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

My guess, all from Adnan Sardar, Price 2000+
Kaleem

Post by Kaleem »

2000+?????
This man is really making money by innocent gardeners. It is best for us to multiply our plants and distribute among plant lovers without any cost . This is the best way to discourage such "Lootaray"
Kaleem
mikhurram

Post by mikhurram »

When is the best time to propagate clematis? Monsoon? And which method is recommended? Please advise?
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Kaleem Saheb I agree with what you say except that I would not be so harsh in words. My experience has also not been good with the said vendor.

Return to “Mi Khurram's Garden”