Clematis

A Bulb Lover

Moderator: Izhar

UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Re: Clematis

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Dr sb frankly speaking once i have made my mind to get some double day lilies from Adnan but when i saw the price list i even left to think about day lilies.i love Amaryllis more & i purchased Amaryllis instead day lilies from other vendors.About Clematis i thought it can not be grown in hot climates.But the rates were too high.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Khurran your clematis collection is very nice, specially the true blue.
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

Rates and service. I was guaranteed replacement for day lilies worth upto Rs3500 if they did not survive since they were very weak fans but once the time came and two died instead of replacing them I was taunted that if other people can make it survive then it was me who was doing something wrong! Aap hi batain who will be reckless with plants on which they spend so much of their hard earned money? I sweat blood as a doctor making mine. It's a sad topic and just makes me feel sorry for some people and their nature.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Purchase is an agreement between the buyer and seller with mutual consent. As its not a common commodity seller gets an advantage of choosing price of his choice. If at all somebody is at fault it should be buyer who purchases, thereby motivating seller. I have never heard of force sellings anywhere :-)

i am talking in general considering the international standards of trade. Rates are decided only for common commodities. If a watch company sells a watch for an ultra high price it would be my urge to buy it knowing that the price is high.

@Kaleem Sb
If the innocent buyer is buying clemetis with out knowing that its clematis and over priced than he is more of rich than innocent.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Dr sb thats why i told in the past that purchase from overseas.i have already passed through these types of experiences.lets come to our own topics once again. I love this climber called clematis.one of my friend at Abbattabad has great collection of it.he has primulas,Cyclamens & Clematis.i told him so many times but i don,t know why he is not joining the forum.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Kallem can we get Clematis from Islamabad nurseries.
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

Farhan Saheb I agree on the price point, it's a vendors right even if it brings him disrepute. However, warranty claimed and not provided and then on top of that accusations is a different story. In human culture word of mouth has had standing for thousands of years and is as valid today in judging a person as it was before. We cannot write contracts for the minutest of things and then take people to court on itchy bitchy issues. Anyways, I'm glad you experience might have been better. Let's end this.

Khan Saheb I think in Mardan you will have good success with clematis since it is cooler longer. I am not sure how well it will fare in Lahore since winter is shorter, less cooler and then our summer in May and June is extremely hot. I'm just presuming clematis needs winter chill and low summer heat.
Farhan Ahmed

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Sir this was for Kaleem Sb......total agreement on guarantee issue BTW.
Farhan Ahmed

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Sorry but i would like to add one last thing

Forum faced quite a criticism in days when deals of the said person were going wrong, not considering that if a person A buys something from Mr.X its a deal between two person of which the forum has no control or authority. Forum was just a platform where people met.

This is the reason forum is reluctant to allow commercial selling because admin is certain that if some trade goes wrong. Forum will be blamed.

BTW the said person is complete stranger to me.
Kaleem
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Annual, Tropical and Bulbous plants

Post by Kaleem »

Farhan Sb
You are right, it is a contract inbetween Buyer and Seller then, how this forum is beneficial for gardeners? We should educate others and share our experiences....good or bad.
I also dont know the X-man but if we compare his prices with international suppliers than every one will touch his ears, same like me.....

Umar Sb
I will check your number, may be there is a mistake and will text you again the same message.
Kaleem

Return to “Mi Khurram's Garden”