Canna

A Bulb Lover

Moderator: Izhar

KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Re: Canna

Post by KBW »

IMHO, best affect of Canna is generated by planting them at a distance. They don't look that impressive when planted too close to the focal viewing point. But when at a distance, their large leaves and flowers do the trick and they fit in the landscape perfectly. That's why I call them rescue plants. They rescue the gardener by decorating the most unsuitable, distant and difficult part of the landscape with their lush foliage and stunning flowers.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

The one I like the most. Even in pot the flower size and shape is good but the colour is what I like the most.

Arif
Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Really Beautiful color!:)
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

It's a beautiful colour.

Canna President has dark red flowers and has a intermediate height. Dwarf Canna Charlotte is on the extreme right.

Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:The one I like the most. Even in pot the flower size and shape is good but the colour is what I like the most.

Arif
beauuuuty
mikhurram
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

Canna President
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

I love this plant. I don,t understand why people don,t give it the place it deserve. Cannas in mass plantings give a powerful display.They are really meant for big gardens.
rafique
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

Umar Bhai , you are very true about canna. Answer lies in your question ie it is meant for big gardens, not for containers and small gardens.
Rafique
mikhurram

Post by mikhurram »

I agree that Cannas planted in a mass bed give a terrific display and its literally quite a sight to see a bed full of Cannas particularly the President cultivar. Even in small gardens 3 or 4 Canna planted close to one another in a corner can be very striking. Even in the picture there are only 4 Cannas planted close to each other. Seeing Canna's planted en masse in someone's garden inspired me to plant them in a bed in my garden. I shall try to post a picture of Canna President planted en masse.
mikhurram

Post by mikhurram »

Not an ideal picture as most of the blooms are almost over and the ideal time to take this picture have been around 3 weeks ago.
Last edited by mikhurram on November 17th, 2013, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mi Khurram's Garden”