My Daylilies

A Bulb Lover

Moderator: Izhar

mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Re: My Daylilies

Post by mikhurram »

Two Part Harmony.

Born to Run

[URL=http://s765.photobucket.com/user/ikhurr ... 5.jpg.html]Image

Panther Eyes

Peacock Feathers

Sunday Sandals

Most likely the name of this cultivar is 'Light of the World'.

The Band Played On.

Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

Beautiful ! Your lilies look very fresh even in apparently fully dry soil.
You seem to have an endless collection;how many more are yet to come? And till how long do lily plants keep blooming?
mikhurram
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

Munir Sahib,
The reason for the soil appearing to be bit dry is due to raised bed. Approximately atleast 15 more are yet to bloom. Some varieties have a higher bud count. In my collection the bud count in 'Panther Eyes' Daylily is more than other varieties compared to 'Born to Run' variety.
There are 3 types of Daylilies. Evergreen varieties (most suitable for our zone particularly our plains), Semi-evergreen (semi cold areas) and Dormant varieties (extremely cold areas e.g Skardu, Hunza etc). If possible one should try to get hold of 'evergreen' reblooming varieties and if reblooming varieties are not available then one should opt for 'evergreen' varieties suitable for our cities (e.g Lahore, Islambad, Karachi etc).
And finally Tetraploid daylilies are always preferable to Diploid daylilies.
regards
Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

They are absolute beauty....
Munir
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.

Post by Munir »

mikhurram wrote:Munir Sahib,
The reason for the soil appearing to be bit dry is due to raised bed. Approximately atleast 15 more are yet to bloom. Some varieties have a higher bud count. In my collection the bud count in 'Panther Eyes' Daylily is more than other varieties compared to 'Born to Run' variety.
There are 3 types of Daylilies. Evergreen varieties (most suitable for our zone particularly our plains), Semi-evergreen (semi cold areas) and Dormant varieties (extremely cold areas e.g Skardu, Hunza etc). If possible one should try to get hold of 'evergreen' reblooming varieties and if reblooming varieties are not available then one should opt for 'evergreen' varieties suitable for our cities (e.g Lahore, Islambad, Karachi etc).
And finally Tetraploid daylilies are always preferable to Diploid daylilies.
regards
Again the same question;do our garden shops & nurseries sell them by these categories or one has to get these from abroad? What is the blooming season of the two recommended varieties? I ll like to try both.
mikhurram

Post by mikhurram »

Munir Sahib,
Our nurseries are not so knowledgeable. Infact most of them aren't even aware of these traits. All they know is that it's a daylily. Tahir Nadeem based in Islamabad sells Daylilies from September onwards and he has a printed catalog having name of varieties. One can look up the name of these varieties online to determine their exact colour/shape and to see whether they are evergreen, semi-evergreen or dormant. If you are interested i'll message you his phone number.
regards,
Munir
Donor
Donor

Post by Munir »

mikhurram wrote:Munir Sahib,
Our nurseries are not so knowledgeable. Infact most of them aren't even aware of these traits. All they know is that it's a daylily. Tahir Nadeem based in Islamabad sells Daylilies from September onwards and he has a printed catalog having name of varieties. One can look up the name of these varieties online to determine their exact colour/shape and to see whether they are evergreen, semi-evergreen or dormant. If you are interested i'll message you his phone number.
regards,
Certainly,please do send.Am obliged.
mikhurram

Post by mikhurram »

Dakar

Light of the World

Sunday Sandals.

The Band Played On.

mikhurram

Post by mikhurram »

Some of my daylilies which sprung this year. A substantial portions of registered daylilies around 22 were decimated in autumn of 2014 as the mali unknowingly pulled them out during my absence considering them as ordinary local orange daylilies. Below are those which survived the onslaught.

Two Part Harmony. This is re-blooming variety and sometimes the flower is single and at times appears as double as evident in the second and third image.
mikhurram

Post by mikhurram »

Dakar.

Alexa Kathryn.

Bombay Bliss. This was a registered daylily from David Kirchoff which turned out to be a disappointment.

Its either Spacecoast Sea Shells or might be Licorice Candy. More likely to be Spacecoast Sea Shells.

Return to “Mi Khurram's Garden”