Indigenous Iris of Pakistan

A Bulb Lover

Moderator: Izhar

David Ferguson
City: Albuquerque
Gardening Interests: Wide interests, especially Iris, Populus, Agavaceae, Asphodelaceae, & Cactaceae.

Re: Indigenous Iris of Pakistan

Post by David Ferguson »

Hello,
I love these plants. I think the white and violet ones are probably both Iris kashmiriana, and I wonder if perhaps the yellow and orange ones are hybrids of Iris kashmiriana with Iris variegata, which it is my understanding is introduced into the region from Europe (?).

I would love to trade for plants of these if it is possible, especially the white and violet ones. I think they would grow very well here in New Mexico, and I'd like to be able to plant them at our botanic garden here in Albuquerque. However, I'm not sure how to contact members of the forum. My work email at the botanic garden in Albuquerque New Mexico is dferguson@cabq.gov

I am enjoying exploring your postings.
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Re: Indigenous Iris of Pakistan

Post by mikhurram »

This Iris is definitely Kashmiriana as mentioned in the first page of this post. You are welcome to have these irises but dispatch from Pakistan would be a bother as postal office do not permit the shipping of plants and furthermore the authorities in the U.S. won't allow the import of this plant as they would require all the certificates like Phyto certificate.

There's a messaging tab through which messages can be sent specifically to the members.

Do share images of your garden.

Return to “Mi Khurram's Garden”