Vines in my garden

A Bulb Lover

Moderator: Izhar

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Re: Vines in my garden

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

The first grape is Sunder Khani or some other?
Arif
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

by Munir » June 2nd, 2014, 8:22 pm
Looks to be Sunder Khani.How many times have you taken its harvest in the past? How was the taste....same as its type sold in the market ?
Sir it's definitely not Sunder Khani. Can't tell about the taste at the moment as they aren't ripe yet. These actually are 5 year old Thai grapevines which were planted last year.
by UMARKHANMARDAN » June 3rd, 2014, 7:44 am
The grapes are great.two varieties.
These are two varieties.
by M Farooq » June 3rd, 2014, 8:21 am
Mashallah Khurram sb, what a view. BTW, few days I tried grape leaves in food. The leaves are pretty good in taste. Since I cannot eat your grapes, can I say "Angoor khat-tay hain"? :-)
Dr Sahib 'Angoor waqai khat-tay hain as they aren't ripe yet. Infact my daughter is more anxious for them to ripen and keeps on inquiring every weekend as to when they are actually going to ripen.
by Muhammad Arif Khan » June 3rd, 2014, 8:44 am
The first grape is Sunder Khani or some other?
Sir both are unknown Thai varieties having seeds.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Izhar if you need i,l send you some rooted cuttings in winter.Purple king & Sunderkhani.Grape vine spread too much so its good to plant it out in open ground.
mikhurram
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

Aristolochia Elegans (Dutchman's Pipe) in Waheed Sahib's Garden.
mikhurram

Post by mikhurram »

Mucuna sempervirens
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Do you really like this Mucuna?
mikhurram

Post by mikhurram »

Sir,
In a hindsight no. It took 3 years for this vine to bloom. Shape of flower is unusual but i wouldn't term it spectacular.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

mikhurram wrote:Sir,
In a hindsight no. It took 3 years for this vine to bloom. Shape of flower is unusual but i wouldn't term it spectacular.
First bloom with me was its last bloom, the picture shown was altogether different.
mikhurram

Post by mikhurram »

It's literally quite a sight (breathtaking) to see a wisteria vine loaded with countless fragrant flower clusters which especially in amethyst colour look more pleasing. The specimen shown below is a Chinese Wisteria vine (Wisteria sinensis) flowering in a private garden. Often people end up acquiring specimen of wisteria that fails to flowers for years e.g the wisteria sold by Lahore Nursery will not flower for years. Thus no point in acquiring wisteria from Lahore Nursery.

The key for a wisteria vine to flower profusely is to acquire the right specimen from the someone whose wisteria are guaranteed to flower within 2-4 years, planting it a sunny site and third pruning it. Plants that are not pruned tend to produce smaller and fewer flowers.

Notice the black wasps atleast 5-6 bigger than a bee drooling over the wisteria flowers in below images.

khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

So do we make sure before buying that this wisteria will flower in few years? Seller will always claim that it is guaranteed to flower. Trunk size?
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com

Return to “Mi Khurram's Garden”