Moderator: Izhar

Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Re: Few blooms of Spring 2014

Post by Hamad »

Farah your Daffs are looking great, good going keep it up.

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Asim_Nawaz
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Vegetables and Flowering Plants, Grafted Cactus & Succulent Plant, Grow seeds on Rockwool.

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

Beautiful Daffodils and freesia too.
farah fayyaz
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Annuals, bulbs and kitchen gardening.

Post by farah fayyaz »

Thanks to all of you for appreciation.
@ Mr. Hammad. Did i purchase Daffs bulbs at right rate? At what rate did you buy?
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

farah fayyaz wrote:Thanks to all of you for appreciation.
@ Mr. Hammad. Did i purchase Daffs bulbs at right rate? At what rate did you buy?
Farah they are a bit expensive, should be less than that.

next time try to find a better deal.

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Kaleem
Gardening Interests: Annual, Tropical and Bulbous plants

Post by Kaleem »

This was a normal price in Islamabad.
Kaleem
Munir
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

I couldn't find the price mentioned by Farah,but I remember the bulb was available with Awan Seeds Rawalpindi for Rs.22,some months back.I understand the farmers buy it in bulk for about Rs.5-10 a piece.
farah fayyaz

Post by farah fayyaz »

Munir wrote:I couldn't find the price mentioned by Farah,but I remember the bulb was available with Awan Seeds Rawalpindi for Rs.22,some months back.I understand the farmers buy it in bulk for about Rs.5-10 a piece.
I always buy from awan seeds rwp. And I have trust in them but even then i asked them about the higher rate of these bulbs , and he satisfied me by saying that these are imported. Any idea from where I should purchase next time. :oops:
Did he cheat me Munir Sb? Before going there I made a call to the shop and asked about the price, the owner told me Rs. 80 but when i went to the shop, his son gave me @ rs. 75 and i bought 20 bulbs. Beside these i also bought some bulbs of freesia and anemone, and i got them for Rs. 20 per bulb.i did this shopping in the middle of december. It is not fair that they are selling the same thing to different customers at different prices.
jdashraf
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Vines, Perennial flowers and plants , fragrant flowers , bulbs

Post by jdashraf »

Good going.. bulbs blooms are beautiful .. you may also like to change the grass unless its off colour is due to extended cold weather in Islamabad..
Javed Ashraf.
farah fayyaz

Post by farah fayyaz »

jdashraf wrote:Good going.. bulbs blooms are beautiful .. you may also like to change the grass unless its off colour is due to extended cold weather in Islamabad..
Which grass would be better in your opinion. My house is north facing that's why i chose korean grass. But in winter it gives a shabby look.
Munir
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

farah fayyaz wrote:
Munir wrote:I couldn't find the price mentioned by Farah,but I remember the bulb was available with Awan Seeds Rawalpindi for Rs.22,some months back.I understand the farmers buy it in bulk for about Rs.5-10 a piece.
I always buy from awan seeds rwp. And I have trust in them but even then i asked them about the higher rate of these bulbs , and he satisfied me by saying that these are imported. Any idea from where I should purchase next time. :oops:
Did he cheat me Munir Sb? Before going there I made a call to the shop and asked about the price, the owner told me Rs. 80 but when i went to the shop, his son gave me @ rs. 75 and i bought 20 bulbs. Beside these i also bought some bulbs of freesia and anemone, and i got them for Rs. 20 per bulb.i did this shopping in the middle of december. It is not fair that they are selling the same thing to different customers at different prices.
. Awan Seeds has fixed prices & displayed on seed/bulb packets ,which are not altered by the salesmen there. The saleman's explanation to you may therefore,be correct.
. I bought the bulbs from them in late Sep or early Oct,when the prices of Freesia & Anemone were Rs.25 & Rs.32 apiece respectively- a little more than you paid.
. I suggest next time you make purchases,do check up from other sources eg Awan Garden Centre Islamabad.

Return to “Farah's Garden”