Flower & Veggies In Container

Moderator: Izhar

aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Re: Waiting for Nerine Flowering

Post by aykhan »

Lycoris should be dormant now. Nerines are also dormant now. These will be fall planted then. Some nerines like the ones I mentioned are winter dormant so will be spring planted.
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

thank you for your help

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Nerine laticoma and huttoniae doing well in heat....
Attachments
image.jpg
Asim_Nawaz
Gardening Interests: Vegetables and Flowering Plants, Grafted Cactus & Succulent Plant, Grow seeds on Rockwool.

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

Dear Aykhan Sb.
Thanks for sending your Nerine picture. Here my Nerine fresh picture. What about your suggestion? I mean to say at this stage bulbs pot size appropriate. In this picture I have 4 Nerine bulbs having 2 to 3 years old.
Best Regards
Asim
Attachments
4 Nerine bulbs in 14 inch pot.
4 Nerine bulbs in 14 inch pot.
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Might be a good idea to pot them separately. I don't know which variety nerine you have but for all exotic bulbs I give them their own pot which is appropriately large for their final size. This way you don't have to move the bulbs and disturb their roots. Not sure about nerines but most bulbs do not enjoy their roots being disturbed. Some like ammocharis sulk for a year or two even.
Asim_Nawaz
Gardening Interests: Vegetables and Flowering Plants, Grafted Cactus & Succulent Plant, Grow seeds on Rockwool.

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

Dear Aykhan Sb.
Ok I can understand and transfer one bulb per pot. What about appropraite pot size? I don't know the name of Nerine variety. I can purchase it from Pride Seed last 3 years before. He says "Pink flowers..
Sir do you have any idea of Nerine variety.
Asim
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Most nerines will be pink or different shades of it. A whole lot of information is not available on most varieties on the Internet. I think it'll be appropriate to put in 14 inch pot. If your nerines are summer dormant then the list is long but if they are currently in active growth then the list narrows. Anyways I think 14 inch pot is good for most bulbs out there as well as plants.
Asim_Nawaz

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

Dear Aykhan Sb.
Ok. Thanks. My Nerine bulb will be Summer dormant.
Asim
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Probably not a good idea to touch them now with the months of intense heat on its way. Let the weather ease a little and transplant before they sprout in Fall early October. Please note these are all presumptions and not from personal experience yet. I have had my nerines almost a year now.
Asim_Nawaz

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

Dear Aykhan Sb.
Due to full sun and heat I can wait to transplant "One bulb per pot", according to your suggestion. Hope so to consider atmosphere of Lahore, waiting for weather changes I can tranplant into the month of July and waiting for flower till October.
But I am also keep in touch with month by month my Nerine bulbs information and suggestion....
Asim

Return to “Asim's Container RoofTop Garden”