Waiting for Nerine Flowering

Flower & Veggies In Container

Moderator: Izhar

Asim_Nawaz
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Vegetables and Flowering Plants, Grafted Cactus & Succulent Plant, Grow seeds on Rockwool.

Waiting for Nerine Flowering

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

I can grow Nerine Bulbs in a container for last 2 years but still know Nerine Bulbs cannot give any flower. I want to know which temperature is most suitable for blomming flowers. Now-a-days NPK ratio will be 2:12:12.
Best Regards
Asim
Attachments
Nerine.jpg
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Re: Waiting for Nerine Flowering

Post by khabbab »

In june, stop watering. Let the leaves die. If they come back then flowers will come first. BTW, nerines are hard to flower in lahore in natural cycle. Better shift to lycoris, they flower easily.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
Asim_Nawaz
Gardening Interests: Vegetables and Flowering Plants, Grafted Cactus & Succulent Plant, Grow seeds on Rockwool.

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

Dear Friend
Thanks for suggestion. Ok I can stop watering and wait for leaves die. Can you suggest me which moderate temperature in Lahore for flowering of Nerine. Place it outside or indoor.
I also grow some daffodil bulb in container. Also suggest me flowering of daffodil bulbs. How much water know a days also best suitable day and night temperature for flowering of Daffodil Bulbs.
Thanks
Asim
Attachments
Daffodil.jpg
Daffodil at home.jpg
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

Asim_Nawaz wrote:I can grow Nerine Bulbs in a container for last 2 years but still know Nerine Bulbs cannot give any flower. I want to know which temperature is most suitable for blomming flowers. Now-a-days NPK ratio will be 2:12:12.
Best Regards
Asim
seems to be Lycoris to m

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Asim_Nawaz

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

Dear Khabbab,
I can read your question in "Garden Web" and "Daves Garden" submitted on June 2012
I am growing nerine bowdenii for last 2 years in a 2 liter plastic pots. They grow well with new foliage but did not flower last year although the bulbs were large and fat. They multiplied a lot though They are supposed to go dormant in monsoon and then they should flower in September/October with no leaves. I am not giving them much fertilizer, last year i gave them mild potash fertilizer for blooming but no success. The temperatures are into 40C here right now and will remain in 40's until the monsoon hits in July and August when temp. will be around 35C. They get 5 hour morning sun from 6-11am.

Any tips?
Dear Friend do you get any tip and what about your results in Nerine Bulbs? Today I received catalog from "Pride Seeds" and well as "City Seed". I read the price of "Nerine Lily Rs. 150". According to catalog we can purchase bulbs but shop dealers cannot give any proper answer, "this bulb will be bloom or not in Pakistan".

Best Regards
Asim
Asim_Nawaz

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

Need some more advice and suggestion from Gardening Pakistan friends.
First of all I would like to inform you that my Daffodils never bloom in moderate temperature of Lahore till know.
As a as Nerine Lily bulb. I need more suggestion, it will bloom in moderate temparature of Lahore never show results like Daffodil bulb. Kindly infomr me Nerine blooming time, NPK ratio of fertilzer, water condition and more...
Asim
Asim_Nawaz

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

As far discussion with other members of Gardening Pakistan. I want to know that "Nerine Bulb" cannot bloom in moderate tempareture of Lahore. But my Nerine bulb still have green leaves. As far as weather condition concern now-a-days in Lahore weather slight change hot to cold, cloudy and rain aspected. Due to changing weather any suggestion my Nerine Bulb to bloom....
Asim
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

I think by daffodils you mean narcissus. All mine repeat bloomed this year in the ground. There are a lt of daffodil cultivars so the ones rated for hitter zone should flower.

I am trying many Nerine varieties but they started as small bulbs so. Need to be patient anoth year or two. I have two Nerine bulbs which are summer growing and I have them in full sun even in May and June. They remained dormant but green in the winter but now are actively growing in the heat with regulat watering. These two are Nerine laticoma and Nerine huttoniae. Both require a dry winter dormany and very high summer temps to bloom. I think I can provide both in Lahore so they should bloom when they are ready. I will try to post pics of the two.
Asim_Nawaz

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

Dear Aykhan Sb
Thanks a lot for your guidance. My Nerine bulbs are bigger in size having 3 years old. I can place my Nerine bulb in full sun. Regular water two time morning and evening depends upon soil condition. Nearner soon I will send fresh picture.
Best Regards
Asim
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

aykhan wrote:I think by daffodils you mean narcissus. All mine repeat bloomed this year in the ground. There are a lt of daffodil cultivars so the ones rated for hitter zone should flower.

I am trying many Nerine varieties but they started as small bulbs so. Need to be patient anoth year or two. I have two Nerine bulbs which are summer growing and I have them in full sun even in May and June. They remained dormant but green in the winter but now are actively growing in the heat with regulat watering. These two are Nerine laticoma and Nerine huttoniae. Both require a dry winter dormany and very high summer temps to bloom. I think I can provide both in Lahore so they should bloom when they are ready. I will try to post pics of the two.
Khan sb if you dont mind can you please guide me with nerine and lycoris life cycle when is the best time to plant them because I believe they have almost the same life cycle
Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92

Return to “Asim's Container RoofTop Garden”