Step by Step Summer 2013 Seed Germination Process

Flower & Veggies In Container

Moderator: Izhar

Asim_Nawaz
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Vegetables and Flowering Plants, Grafted Cactus & Succulent Plant, Grow seeds on Rockwool.

Step by Step Summer 2013 Seed Germination Process

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

I can join “Gardening Pakistan forum” on 1st March 2013. After one month reading different articles, tips, share messages with my friends not only promote Gardening as healthy hobby but also give passion to me to do some new in this hobby.
Now, today I can decide to provide information especially for new comers who can join this form and have passion to have beautiful flowers and plants at their home.
Every flowering and vegetable plants can grow through seeds. Today My topic is “How to Germinate Seeds at home until transplant in little pots”…
Starting seeds is easy, fun and can be very rewarding. All one needs is a little soil, sand, a container, bright spot, and finally the healthy fresh seeds. Then follow-up watering to keep the seeds moist until it germinates. Moisten with a light spray of water, finally needed proper temperatures should range about 20 Centigrade in day and 12 Centigrade at night. After the new seedlings have formed a couple of sets of true leaves they can be individually potted.
Before germinating seeds first to know the directions on the back of the seed packet. The directions should tell you everything you need to know about how to seed, when, where, germination time, how much days required for germination. But in our local seeds packet lack of information having seed at the proper depth, spacing and transplanting information.
According to my topic I can provide information not only germinating seeds but also step by step information through images that can help for my friends and viewers.
After joining first March, 2013, arrival of Spring, full blooms of winter flowering seeds. I plan to germinate flowering and vegetable seeds for Summer 2013..
I can purchase packet of flowering seeds like Zinnia, Coleus, Morning Glory. One packet of Herb seed like “Basil” and also vegetable seeds like Egg Plant, Lady Finger, Bitter Gourd and Kali Tori.
I started to grow all my seeds on 15th March. March become true month to grow flowering as well as vegetable seeds for Summer. Temperature at that time will be 20 Centigrade day and 12 Centigrade at night. Grow seeds in little containers, place in partial shade only morning light for 2 to 3 hours. Keep them moist in morning as well as second time before 5:00 PM until germinate seeds. Finally becomes true leaves mean when my seedling having 2 to 3 fresh leaves ready to transplant into little pots.
Here my step by step pictures from germination date to transplanting date.
Seeds growing dated 15 March, 2013....
After 7 days my Summer flowering as well as vegetables seeds starts germinate.
Here images after 7 days dated 22 March 2013...
Attachments
Coleus after 7 days
Coleus after 7 days
Zinnia after 7 days
Zinnia after 7 days
Zinnia after 5 to 7 days
Zinnia after 5 to 7 days
Asim_Nawaz
Gardening Interests: Vegetables and Flowering Plants, Grafted Cactus & Succulent Plant, Grow seeds on Rockwool.

Re: Step by Step Summer 2013 Seed Germination Process

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

Images of Seed Germination after 7 days dated on 22 March, 2013..
Attachments
Egg Plant after 7 days
Egg Plant after 7 days
Morning Glory after 7 days
Morning Glory after 7 days
Basil after 7 days
Basil after 7 days
Asim_Nawaz

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

Vegetable seed germination after 7 days dated 22 March 2013....
Attachments
Kali Tori after 7 days
Kali Tori after 7 days
Bitter gourd Germination after 7 days
Bitter gourd Germination after 7 days
Asim_Nawaz

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

After 7 days when seed germination process start, keep them moist add little bit water according soil and day & night temperature requirments. At that time day and night temperature gradually little bit change like 22 to 23 Centigrade during day and 13 to 14 Centigrade at night.
Here some images on next week after 15 to 20 days dated on 29th March 2013 to 3rd April 2013.
Attachments
Basil after 15 days starting from 15th March 2013
Basil after 15 days starting from 15th March 2013
Zinnia after 15 days starting from 15th March 2013
Zinnia after 15 days starting from 15th March 2013
Zinnia after 12 days, starting from 15th March 2013
Zinnia after 12 days, starting from 15th March 2013
Asim_Nawaz

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

For all my friends and viewers.
I would like to inform you that after 15 days starting from 15th March 2013. Seed germination process of "Coleus" as well as "Morning Glory" quite slow.
Here images of Coleus after 20 days dated on 4th April 2013.
Attachments
Coleus after 20 days
Coleus after 20 days
Morning Glory after 15 days
Morning Glory after 15 days
Asim_Nawaz

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

Here images of Vegetables after 15 to 20 days passed from starting date of 15th March, 2013...
Attachments
Kali Tori after 15 days
Kali Tori after 15 days
Egg Plant after 20 days
Egg Plant after 20 days
Asim_Nawaz

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

Last weekend when my flowering seeds of Zinnia and Basil becomes "True Leaves" means 2 to 3 fresh leaves I decided to transfer into little pots.
Here images of Zinnia and Basil transplant into little pots dated on 7th April 2013..
Waiting for Coleus, Egg Plant to transplant into pots..

Other vegetable like Kali tori, Lady Finger, Bitter gourd continue their growth on fixed place having large container
Attachments
Basil Transplant into little pots
Basil Transplant into little pots
Zinnia having 2 to 3 leaves
Zinnia having 2 to 3 leaves
Zinnia transplant into little pots
Zinnia transplant into little pots
Asim_Nawaz

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

Fresh Images of Zinnia and Basil into little pots dated on 7th April 2013...
Attachments
Basil and Zinnia into pots
Basil and Zinnia into pots
little pots of Zinnia and Basil
little pots of Zinnia and Basil
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

Asim, you are so organised & meticulous. Given your keenness, you should soon surpass many old gardeners, insha Allah. Godspeed!
farah fayyaz
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Annuals, bulbs and kitchen gardening.

Post by farah fayyaz »

I planted some seeds of bitterguord ,cucumber and kaddu some days ago.they didn,t germinate.now i sowed them again 4 days ago but still waiting :( .i don,t know how much time they will take to germinate.i have kept the pots in sunlight where they get sun for about more than 5 hours. i think this is the reason.should i keep them in shade.

Return to “Asim's Container RoofTop Garden”