ROOFTOP GARDEN 2014-15

Flower & Veggies In Container

Moderator: Izhar

Asim_Nawaz
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Vegetables and Flowering Plants, Grafted Cactus & Succulent Plant, Grow seeds on Rockwool.

ROOFTOP GARDEN 2014-15

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

ROOFTOP GARDEN 2014-15
Welcome to all “Gardening Pakistan” members. As a hobby in my words gardening is a lot of hard work, but it is enjoyable work and a true labor of love. Each and every hour of your work will give rewards to you, your family and your fellows with many hours of enjoyment. Every year you got new inspiration to something new in next year and your desire becomes your plants and flowers will be a little larger and more beautiful and finally your goal of creating your own 'perfect garden'.
Main Task:
1. F1 Flowering species like Petunia, Antirrhinum Seeds. Again thanks to Gardening Pakistan especially Group Purchase Incharge “ Mr. Farhan Ahmad”.
2. Cactus Seeds
3. Grow Local Vegetables and Flowering Seeds in different pots.
4. Main focus on Imported Hybrid Seeds from Seed Germination to bloom.
5. Soil PH level as well as Water PH Level of plants.
6. Maintain Fertilizers and control Pest and Diseases of flowering as well as vegetables plants.
Asim_Nawaz
Gardening Interests: Vegetables and Flowering Plants, Grafted Cactus & Succulent Plant, Grow seeds on Rockwool.

Re: ROOFTOP GARDEN 2014-15

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

Last couple of weeks before starting Seed Germination.
Main focus of" Soil" as well as "Water" PH Level. This is the most important part for Seed Germination as well as growth of healthy plant.
I can use liquid Urea Dynamite that will prepare soil and maintain water PH level.
I am not promoting the company just to guide new Gardening Pakistan lovers. Here is guide line of this liquid which I would like to first upload image.
Attachments
Liquid Urea Dynamite
Liquid Urea Dynamite
Asim_Nawaz

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

The next step to choose a “container” or “particular place” in your garden which have all the facilities of moderate light and proper air flow.
As instruction mentioned on Seed Packets Day light temperature will be 21-25C (70 to 77 F) for best germination.
I have three packets of Thompson & Morgan Seeds. So I decided to grow in a little container as well as make small bed for Seed Germination.
Here images of my Tunnel at Rooftop of my home.
Attachments
Tunnel-1.jpg
Tunnel-4.jpg
Tunnel-2.jpg
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

going nicely...
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Post by Syed Adnan »

Nice Idea ...... but be careful if this sheet is under direct sunlight temperature will shoot way above required 25 in no time , even in mild winters these days.

I used to do solarization of pots in summer , i monitor them with temp instrument, it reaches above 60 C in summer.

Goodluck !
Asim_Nawaz

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

Thanks Izhar Sb and Syed Adnan Sb.
As Syed Adnan Sb wrote
Nice Idea ...... but be careful if this sheet is under direct sunlight temperature will shoot way above required 25 in no time , even in mild winters these days.
I will choose the place which is not in direct sunlight. Only morning Sunlight starting from 9:00 AM t0 12:00 PM. 3 hours sunlight is moderate for Seeds Germination. It's also save from "Rain" too. Yesterday, night starts rain after 1:00 PM. So this tunnel can also saved unexpected rain or thundershower forecast.
Asim_Nawaz

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

At first starting with Vegetable Seeds. First one will be "Cherry Tomatoes".
1. Cherry Tomatoes sow on dated 18th Oct 2014.
2. After 7 days Seeds Germinate. First image shows Seeds Germination of Cherry Tomatoes.
3. The Second image after 15 days from Seeds Germination date 18th Oct 2014.
4. Now-a-days I can transplant into little pots. Near soon update picture.
Here Images of Cherry Tomatoes Seeds Germination.
Attachments
Cherry Tomatoes after 7 days
Cherry Tomatoes after 7 days
Cherry Tomatoes after 15 days
Cherry Tomatoes after 15 days
Asim_Nawaz

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

As far as Vegetable Seeds I also sow flowering seeds like Delphinium, Linum Grand flora, Sweet Pea, Petunia Blue Lime Jam, Petunia Grand flora, Antirrhinum, Lettuce, Broccoli.
Here images of Seed Germination (First Two Leaves) that can sow from dated 18 October to 25th October.
Attachments
Coleus.jpg
Petunia-1.jpg
petunia-2.jpg
Asim_Nawaz

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

Seeds Germination....
Attachments
Sweet Pea.jpg
Linum.jpg
Delphinum.jpg
Asim_Nawaz

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

Now-a-days most of Flowering and Vegetable Seedlings are transplanted into little pots. A few Seedlings of Thompson & Morgan seeds wait to transplant.
Here images of Cherry Tomatoes, Linum Grand flora, Delphinium, Sweet Peas and Candytuft transplanted into little pots.
Attachments
Cherry Tomatoes
Cherry Tomatoes
Linium Grand flora
Linium Grand flora
Delphinium
Delphinium

Return to “Asim's Container RoofTop Garden”