How to increase flower/fruit production

Discussions on fertilizers, Plant Food and Composts Etc

Moderator: Izhar

khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

How to increase flower/fruit production

Post by khabbab »

I read somewhere that to increase falsa fruit production, spray with Gibrallic acid GA-3. Is it true for all fruits and flowers? Another source told me that boron must be feed for good flowers and fruits. And i also read that epsum salt must be provided to tomato plants for good fruiting. What else is true?

Any final product which can be feed foliar when buds form for all flowering fruiting plants?
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Re: How to increase flower/fruit production

Post by Izhar »

GA-3 & Epsom salt are commercially used for better yield in ornamental (cut flower industry) as well as food crops.

GA-3 can induce blooming in difficult to bloom plants, increases seed germination etc
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

Izhar wrote:GA-3 & Epsom salt are commercially used for better yield in ornamental (cut flower industry) as well as food crops.
So i should feed my flowering climbers, shrubs and falsa plants with spraying of GA-3 & Epsom salt, correct? And i can use these in conjunction with my foliar feed booster with NPK ration 5-15-45?
Izhar wrote:GA-3 can induce blooming in difficult to bloom plants, increases seed germination etc
It means spraying my non-blooming passiflora might bloom with a spray of GA-3 on leaves?
Lahore gardening blog
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Just for a reference, GA-3 is an organic compound and only soluble in organic liquids like alcohols (its chemistry!!!) e.g. Ethanol, Methanol.

The solution of GA-3 in alcohol is miscible in water.

The answer to other questions is YES, but you know that over eating cause more problems!! :geek:
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

GA-3 is also used to break dormancy of seeds and plants.GA3 is not a fertilizer it's only a plant hormone which is already present in any plant.You still have to fertilize your plant in conjunction with plant hormones.When plant is introduced with GA3.I d never use GA3 alone as it'll cause root retardation.Use a mix of GA3 , IBA or IAA, and 6-BAP.Your plants will go crazy.These are quite expensive in high concentrations so only 2-3 times a year use of this mix can yield amazing results.BAP will make the plant produce more branches and buds.

All of these are soluble in alcohol.start dissolving pinch by pinch in a few tb spoon of alcohol.Once you have dissolved add the solution to water.DONOT ADD WATER TO THE SOLUTION.i'd spray my plants with GA3+BAP where as IBA will be used while watering.
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

khabbab wrote:
Izhar wrote:GA-3 & Epsom salt are commercially used for better yield in ornamental (cut flower industry) as well as food crops.
So i should feed my flowering climbers, shrubs and falsa plants with spraying of GA-3 & Epsom salt, correct? And i can use these in conjunction with my foliar feed booster with NPK ration 5-15-45?
Izhar wrote:GA-3 can induce blooming in difficult to bloom plants, increases seed germination etc
It means spraying my non-blooming passiflora might bloom with a spray of GA-3 on leaves?
USe in conjunction with 6-BAP or wait for the plant to mature.
shahwon

Post by shahwon »

I may add my a little phosphorus in the soil during budding period
It will work

B Shah
khabbab
Founder
Founder

Post by khabbab »

Is it true that the amount of GA-3 use must be perfect. Little more or little less both are dangerous for plant? I had always thought less is always safe.
Lahore gardening blog
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

khabbab wrote:Is it true that the amount of GA-3 use must be perfect. Little more or little less both are dangerous for plant? I had always thought less is always safe.
It's used in milligrams and I donot have a scale that is this sensitive.I've always used GA3 without weighing it.Never had any problems though.
khabbab
Founder
Founder

Post by khabbab »

tweedle2009 wrote:
khabbab wrote:Is it true that the amount of GA-3 use must be perfect. Little more or little less both are dangerous for plant? I had always thought less is always safe.
It's used in milligrams and I donot have a scale that is this sensitive.I've always used GA3 without weighing it.Never had any problems though.
Okay. That is encouraging.
Lahore gardening blog

Return to “Fertilizers”