Lemon Plant under attack

Moderator: Izhar

PeerGee
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Fruits & Vegetables

Lemon Plant under attack

Post by PeerGee »

Dear Experts

My newly purchased Lemon Plant is facing two kind of problems.
One of the problem is start just two days before, which is shown in these two pictures:
DSCN6269.JPG
Problem 1
Problem 1
please guide me what is this and how can i cure this this problem.

Thanks
PeerGee

Re: Lemon Plant under attack

Post by PeerGee »

Second problem of my plant is shown in these pictures
Back side of Leaf
Back side of Leaf
Front Side of Leaf
Front Side of Leaf
I purchase this plant last month from Model Town. When I purchase this plant, some leafs already showing this problem but unfortunately after heavy raining now this problem is spreading.

Waiting for quick help

Thanks
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

These are scale insects... just spray any available pesticide for plants... but do it regularly until all are gone... if you dont spray regularly the pest will easily destroy your plant....
PeerGee

Post by PeerGee »

Izhar wrote:These are scale insects... just spray any available pesticide for plants... but do it regularly until all are gone... if you dont spray regularly the pest will easily destroy your plant....
Dear Izhar sahib, Please tell me the name of any good pesticide spray for this purpose and also told me the timing and duration of spray. ... Thanks
Izhar

Post by Izhar »

I dont know about Lahore but here in Karachi i use "All-in-one" pesticide. You can go to any gardening shop like Pride seeds, Sunny view seeds, Channandin seeds and ask for a general purpose pesticide.

Timing: After 5:00 pm
Frequency & duration: 3 days continuously, then every 2nd day for a week, then weekly for a month

do not exceed the written quantity on label, read the instruction carefully.. you can use a disposable syringe for accurate measurement of pesticide...
PeerGee

Post by PeerGee »

Lots of Thank
Izhar Sahib
newton
City: jhelum

Post by newton »

I get the feeling that the plants in nurseries look very nice but are often more tender and susceptible to this kind of attack out in the real world. Its something to do with how over fertilising encourages the plant cells to expand and become swollen. Ideal for making a bigger more luscious looking plant that's easy to sell but Its just the kind of goodness that the insects love, if you notice they have attacked the fresh soft growth tissue of which there is plenty for them to get at.

Doctors are always saying for the human body to remain fit, it has to exercise, eat healthy sleep etc. Likewise if you allow your plant to toughen up, i.e not overfeed/water etc it will naturally become more immune to insect attack.
PeerGee

Post by PeerGee »

newton wrote:I get the feeling that the plants in nurseries look very nice but are often more tender and susceptible to this kind of attack out in the real world. Its something to do with how over fertilising encourages the plant cells to expand and become swollen. Ideal for making a bigger more luscious looking plant that's easy to sell but Its just the kind of goodness that the insects love, if you notice they have attacked the fresh soft growth tissue of which there is plenty for them to get at.

Doctors are always saying for the human body to remain fit, it has to exercise, eat healthy sleep etc. Likewise if you allow your plant to toughen up, i.e not overfeed/water etc it will naturally become more immune to insect attack.
Yes, you r absolutely right.. good advice :)
Thanks
PeerGee

Post by PeerGee »

Dear Experts,

Thanks for help, now my plant is out of danger, almost all leafs and branches are clear.

Now please guide me, how can i use Poultry Litter as a fertilizer.
Izhar

Post by Izhar »

Poultry litter has to be decomposed prior using... for six months

Return to “Pests and Diseases”