Patio logbook

Moderator: Izhar

Shazia Khurram
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Patio garden? Landscaping, beginner and willing to learn all that I can.

Re: Patio logbook

Post by Shazia Khurram »

Red miniature rose vine (google image) it's suppose to flower all through the season, so fingers crossed. I opted for this vine because it's very light weight. The arbor is not very strong or steady, so hopefully this arrangement should work out.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432224200.755669.jpg
KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Post by KBW »

Fantastic..... really creative. Enjoyed going through the whole thread. What does the garden look like now? Though not very pertinent to your case but might get a few ideas here.... :)
http://gardeningpakistan.com/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=1808
regards
Shazia Khurram
Gardening Interests: Patio garden? Landscaping, beginner and willing to learn all that I can.

Post by Shazia Khurram »

Thank you sir. There's is still plenty to be done to make the patio presentable. I'll admit to being lazy, and slagging off for a while. But, I'm back to finishing off this project now. I'll post pictures along the way.
Shazia Khurram

Post by Shazia Khurram »

Have mixed gravel with white marble chips for the path inside the arbor. Have ordered some sleeper tiles to go on the gravel to finish off the look. Also planted a miniature rose bush to be trained up the arbor. I think it's called 'Red Cascade'
Brunfelsia is planted infront of the rose vine.
The small stone effect fountain you see in the picture is for decorative purpose only. Doesn't really work. I have ordered an urn bubble fountain as a water feature. It will be delivered on 9th June inshallah.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432443947.506178.jpg
Shazia Khurram

Post by Shazia Khurram »

Have also planted a row of fox tail ferns on the right side.
Shazia Khurram

Post by Shazia Khurram »

Flower bed before
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432444585.050978.jpg
Shazia Khurram

Post by Shazia Khurram »

After:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432444615.984317.jpg
Shazia Khurram

Post by Shazia Khurram »

The bed consists of elephant ears at the very back, will Lilies in front. Filled the rest of the bed with dwarf zinnias.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432444820.317696.jpg
Shazia Khurram

Post by Shazia Khurram »

Also planted cosmos in circles around the bird bath
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432444893.717463.jpg
Shazia Khurram

Post by Shazia Khurram »

Took Sir Arif's advice and planted some red lilies around the mango tree. These are red lilies which were already there in the old flower bed. Can anyone tell me it's name? That's it for now. I'll share more posts when some progress has been made. The goal is to finish off this project before Ramzan inshallah.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432445115.684339.jpg

Return to “Shazia Khurram's garden”