oregano herb

Advice on Veggies, Herbs and Fruits

Moderator: Izhar

komel adil
City: karachi
Gardening Interests: i would like to utilize the land space in my house my making a beautiful garden

oregano herb

Post by komel adil »

can any one suggest me how to grow oregano in pots.should i buy seeds from market or can use ajwain for this?previously i bought basil plant from nursery(niyaz bo) but when i dried its leaves they do not smell like the one we bought from supermarkets in bottles.
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Re: oregano herb

Post by Izhar »

Ajwain is a different plant, Oregano is a different plant... a plant known as Plectranthus amboinicus is sold by the name of "Ajwain" in nurseries.. you can sow the seeds now...

Basil has numerous cultivars which smell and taste very differently... one more thing is that when basil become flowering, its flavor changes, so do not let your basil to flower if you are using it for culinary purposes...
komel adil
City: karachi
Gardening Interests: i would like to utilize the land space in my house my making a beautiful garden

Post by komel adil »

thank you izhar for your reply,jazakallah
rida12
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: I am new to gardening I wanna learn about gardening

Post by rida12 »

Izhar wrote:Ajwain is a different plant, Oregano is a different plant... a plant known as Plectranthus amboinicus is sold by the name of "Ajwain" in nurseries.. you can sow the seeds now...

Basil has numerous cultivars which smell and taste very differently... one more thing is that when basil become flowering, its flavor changes, so do not let your basil to flower if you are using it for culinary purposes...
Great explanation

Return to “Kitchen Gardening”