Roses in soil-less medium

Moderator: Izhar

khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Re: Roses in soil-less medium

Post by khabbab »

I would advise growing iceberg even to Brig Arif sb. No other rose matches the flower power of iceberg IMO. Gorgeous.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

This time I have made 20+ pots of roses in soil-less... most are sprouting now.. this time i'll try not to repeat my mistakes...
zadaad
City: Quetta
Gardening Interests: Rose

Post by zadaad »

Izhar bhai,

Your post is as amazing as you as a person! But I have some queries: should we make a mix of all the ingredients as mentioned in your post or make medium from the three composition of coal?

2). Secondly, I have purchased perlite, peat moss, coco coirs, fully burnt wood and waiting for rose bushes to arrive in Quetta. So should I mix soil with my available ingredients ? Pertinent that My second query should be kept separate from my first one?
zadaad

Post by zadaad »

Izhar bhai,

I read your very informative post and it's following posts/responses . The story is about your journey to make perfect "Rose in Soilless medium". And in the process you faced episodes of failures and success. And you are hopeful and we are too that you would receive your goal.

What I want is to request you to post your final recipe/ or trick of achieving that goal.
zadaad

Post by zadaad »

Izhar wrote:Dr. sb. as i am yet to conclude this experiment (which may be in March 2017)... I am rightnow unable to comment on growing in bed, theoretically it looks possible...

Izhar bhai! March is in offing, but you can upload photos of the plants under this discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Izhar

Post by Izhar »

zadaad wrote:Izhar bhai,

Your post is as amazing as you as a person! But I have some queries: should we make a mix of all the ingredients as mentioned in your post or make medium from the three composition of coal?
Coal cinder is used not the coal or charcoal... there is only one composition of coal cinder..

zadaad wrote:2). Secondly, I have purchased perlite, peat moss, coco coirs, fully burnt wood and waiting for rose bushes to arrive in Quetta. So should I mix soil with my available ingredients ? Pertinent that My second query should be kept separate from my first one?
In this type of method we dont use soil
Izhar

Post by Izhar »

zadaad wrote:Izhar bhai,

I read your very informative post and it's following posts/responses . The story is about your journey to make perfect "Rose in Soilless medium". And in the process you faced episodes of failures and success. And you are hopeful and we are too that you would receive your goal.

What I want is to request you to post your final recipe/ or trick of achieving that goal.
Please read all the posts, i haved mentioned my recipe in detail along with method of preparation and how to use...
Izhar

Post by Izhar »

zadaad wrote:
Izhar wrote:Dr. sb. as i am yet to conclude this experiment (which may be in March 2017)... I am rightnow unable to comment on growing in bed, theoretically it looks possible...

Izhar bhai! March is in offing, but you can upload photos of the plants under this discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please read all the posts, especially the December 2016 ones.. you will get answer..
Usama
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Plants, Roses, vines, Pruning & Training

Post by Usama »

I have read the whole discussion. Amazing ans impressive work sir.

Are all the matériels available easily?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Izhar

Post by Izhar »

Usama wrote:I have read the whole discussion. Amazing ans impressive work sir.

Are all the matériels available easily?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Yes, all the stuff is easily available.. you can get chemicals from chemical suppliers of universities...

Return to “Roses”