glads

Moderator: Izhar

zainab
City: lahore

glads

Post by zainab »

i bought so many glads bulbs, some didnt even grew, those whih grew, only 40% flowered. now today i pulled the gladiolus bulbs out,many have doubled,,, and one has gived bulbets very very small ones,.. now do i have to seperate the bulbets? now or when i will be putting them in for growing in the next season.
plz elaborate
Asim_Nawaz
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Vegetables and Flowering Plants, Grafted Cactus & Succulent Plant, Grow seeds on Rockwool.

Re: glads

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

Dear Zainab
You can save Galdilous Bulblets but next time these bulblet never flower only increase its size until become true bulb. It will takes 2 to 3 years, able to become flower....
Asim
Zunerah
City: karachi

Post by Zunerah »

Greetings Asim_Nawaz

I wanted to know all about practical experience with growing Gladiolus. I was wondering if you have any experience with it and if you could help. I have read many websites and procedures of growing but I want to know everything from someone who is already experienced with these. is it better to grow these from seeds or from bulbs?
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Post by Syed Adnan »

I have glads and they are successfully blooming for me every year, i used to dig them and keep them indoors during summer, bulblets never survived in this way only way to keep the bulblets living is to keep the bulbs in pots and not disturb them , for me they multiply in this way , now i have a few bulblets an year old and waiting for the blooms probably after couple of years more. Glads are definitely rewarding and loving plants.

Return to “Bulbs, Corms, Rhizomes and Tubers”