Decorative DAHLIAS

Moderator: Izhar

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Re: Decorative DAHLIAS

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

I have 5 seedlings of M Champaca about 10 inch looking quite healthy.
Khan sahib where did you get your M Liliiflora & M L Nigra.
Which one is flowering and how old it is?
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

Sir I have been fooled. They are not magnolias as the bloom obviously tells me. I got it from a guy who met me on a visit o Lahore nursery and brought plants home for me to choose. I have no way of finding him.
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

exactly thats why i say avability is not the problem,what the supplier is giving u that realy matters.in pur sweet country the nursery men even sale out the sour orange(kathi,narange) instead of kino,orange if u dont know the variety.this is not only the problem with nursery men but also pet shops.u,l demand for green java peafowl which cost round about 80,000/.if u re not aware they will give u the common indian blue which is just for RS 13000/ u.l demand the double dutch Dahlia(so called Indian) & they will suply u the anual dahlia from seeds.The Dutch never comes true to the type from seeds.so how the more green is claiming seedlings.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

That surely is a big problem. I got NAGPURI SANGTRA 2 plant and on fruiting I found they were early fruiters. On next attempt, they are Oranges. For white Fig I got Black fig and for GULGUL I got something very funny. Now I have given up.
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

aykhan wrote:Sir I have been fooled. They are not magnolias as the bloom obviously tells me. I got it from a guy who met me on a visit o Lahore nursery and brought plants home for me to choose. I have no way of finding him.
Could you post the pictures of the blooms, so that others are beware of such hoax sellers? What did the "false" Magnolias turn out to be?

Thanks.
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

The first bloom was like that of a star jasmine. I actually ripped it off in disgust so currently there is no bloom. I will definitely post a picture when I see another. This unfortunate lying is a reason this time I even brought a smal cutting of motia Grand Duke of Tuscany from the US since at least I know what I got!
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Brigd sb is Sangtara avable now.in my childhood i use to eat it but now this citrus has been lost.i m not able to find Sangtara plants.the one when u peal it carpacels splits it self
rafique
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

Dear Umar
you are absolutely right. I agree with you. Ethics are very rare in our society.
We should try to promote those people whic are true to their worlds, irespective of fact either they
are in lahore, islamabad or some where else we should approcah good ones at least on this forum.

Really appreciate and respect your words.
Regards
Rafique
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Thanks Rafique sb.purchase ur Dahlias after 10th sep because there is slight diff in Islamabad & Lahore weather.contact other friends who realy want to grow it,go for a combine order of min 100 cuttings.ur transpotation cgs will divided sir gee.

Return to “Bulbs, Corms, Rhizomes and Tubers”