PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY BULBS

Moderator: Izhar

Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Re: PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY BULBS

Post by Izhar »

these bulbs tend to die early and are unable to store the energy into their bulbs for the next season..

However, you can try for narcissus as one of their variety "Paper-whites" easily grow and bloom in Karachi.. when they finish their blooming, just cut the flowering stock and keep them like any other annual until foliage dies back, then take the bulbs out and store them in a cool & dry place.. keep them in refrigerator from October and November, plant again in December.. i didn't even refrigerated my paper-whites and they bloomed with ease, one bulb multiplied into 2-3 bulbs next season..

The best and easiest bulb for Karachi is Hippeastrum or Amaryllis, it comes in so many colors, the foliage will not die back in summer and they tend to bloom almost regularly...
Madiha Humbal

Post by Madiha Humbal »

Thank you very much sir
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

BTW, tuberoses are still blooming in Karachi at a nursery near my home..
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Madiha Humbal,
If interested,I can send you mature Hippeastrum (Amaryllis) bulbs as a new year gift, just contact me on 0321 4639444 in Last week of December.
Madiha Humbal

Post by Madiha Humbal »

THANKYOU VERY MUCH SIR ARIF, AND I AM REALLY INTERESTED IN THE BULBS. I WILL CONTACT YOU IN DECEMBER INSHAALLAH.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

You are welcome.
Blossoms Flower Shop
City: Lahore Pakistan
Gardening Interests: Gladiolus and other cut flowers,cacti and succulents

Post by Blossoms Flower Shop »

basically tube rose is belong to group of "Bulbs".I mean its not a corm,rhizome etc.So a bulb becomes bigger and bigger and then die after a certain time(after few years/season)
So the bulb of tube rose produce flowers for 3/4 years and then it dies but it produces many baby bulbs every year and form clumps and the clumps never stop to flower in climate of Khi.But keep in mind that one bulb produce flower for one time in a year/season.
Heavy feeding is very important.A tea spoon for 14 inch pot of 1:0:1 every month is must.
As for as the question of Madeha,regarding the autumn bulbs is concerned.....I think the issue is because of dense planting and excess watering.As she mentioned that the bulbs were getting six hours of direct sun?
The strongest reason may be the lack of sun,if the bulbs grow well but donot flower.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Madiha Humbal wrote:THANKYOU VERY MUCH SIR ARIF, AND I AM REALLY INTERESTED IN THE BULBS. I WILL CONTACT YOU IN DECEMBER INSHAALLAH.
LOST INTEREST ?
Arif

Return to “Bulbs, Corms, Rhizomes and Tubers”