bulbs can i grow successfully in lahore?

Moderator: Izhar

zainab
City: lahore

bulbs can i grow successfully in lahore?

Post by zainab »

which bulbs can i successfully grow in lahore without any much fuss and also keeping it for the next season.
can crocus be grown in lahore?
i live in lahore
khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Re: bulbs can i grow successfully in lahore?

Post by khabbab »

There is a lot of information already in the forum which are helpful. Assuming you are talking about winter planted bulbs, this link will help you http://www.gardeningpakistan.com/viewto ... ?f=2&t=339

The easiest to grow include paperwhites, freesia, anemone , ranunculus, lilium, sparaxis, hyacinth. Rest needs little effort.

Only crocus which may perform well in lahore is tommy crocus but they are not available here. The available crocus does not perform well and you will see only 1 bulb flower out of 5 bulbs. My personal favorite are "pickwick" series as they are bicolor.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

Amaryllis
adiliu88
City: karachi

Post by adiliu88 »

khabbab wrote:There is a lot of information already in the forum which are helpful. Assuming you are talking about winter planted bulbs, this link will help you

The easiest to grow include paperwhites, freesia, anemone , ranunculus, lilium, sparaxis, hyacinth. Rest needs little effort.

Only crocus which may perform well in lahore is tommy crocus but they are not available here. The available crocus does not perform well and you will see only 1 bulb flower out of 5 bulbs. My personal favorite are "pickwick" series as they are bicolor.
wow this is really very nice info dude...i also searching about it .. :geek:

Return to “Bulbs, Corms, Rhizomes and Tubers”