ID of the bulb please

Moderator: Izhar

zainab
City: lahore

ID of the bulb please

Post by zainab »

some about 6-7 yrs back. i bought a pot which the gardener told me had nargis bulbs planted in it.after some maybe 2-3 yrs i divided those and replanted in another pot. now i had two. the bulbs never floweredd since they are with me i.e 6-7 yrs.
this season i broke the gamla to get to know what it is and why it is not flowering.
the result i found excessive bulbs congested. it was so much congested that i couldnt take it out without injuring the bulbs so i broke gamla.
i took out the bulbs, asked a gardener from model town that what it is.
i told him that it did not flower for 7 yrs.

as a result after much confusion and asking from fellow gardeners he said that it is not flowering type.

then i aske danother gardener from model town... he said these are freesia bulbs.
to end this confusion i asked from a gardener from PRIDE SEEDS.. he said tthat it was nargis bulbs.
plz have a loook at the bulbs.

also plz tell me how to save these bulbs, when to plant them and in what conditons.
thanks
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Re: ID of the bulb please

Post by Izhar »

They look nargis to me.. keep them in soil and dont water them till December.. hope the dormancy will force them to bloom..
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

they are the common nargis.i think in past years you use to cut off the foliage when it started yellowing.if this is the case you were making the big mistake normally many people do.plant them in open ground.let them dry naturally.it may force the bulbs to flower next year.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

To me they look like sea daffodils (Pancratium Narcissiflrum), from the foliage of the last pot and the shape of bulbs.
Look after vthem and give some room to flurish and this is what you will get.

Return to “Bulbs, Corms, Rhizomes and Tubers”