From France

New members introduce here. Tell us what you are growing, your interests and where you are growing.

Moderator: Izhar

pueblo85
City: reaumur

From France

Post by pueblo85 »

Dear gardeners from Pakistan,

I am realy happy to be on your Pakistan gardeners communauty.Few words to introduce me: I am living in west of France where I grow various kind of plants like unusual vegetables,especialy Cucurbitaceae,Solanaceae,Brassicaceae.I grow also in greenhouse various ornementals,like morning glory,caudex plants and more.

I will be happy to make seed exchange .I am looking for fresh seeds of wild Ferula species from Pakistan,especialy Ferula foetida,Ferula sumbul and others species.

Any wild Cucurbitaceae species also interesting me,like Luffa echinata.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Pueblo85
Kaleem
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Annual, Tropical and Bulbous plants

Re: From France

Post by Kaleem »

Welcome in the forum, I hope you will enjoy here and share your precious experience with us. Last year I visited France, especially two cities Paris and Strasbourg. France is Beautiful country with beautiful people.
I hope you will find your requested plant.

Kaleem
Attachments
Wild Oxalis
Wild Oxalis
Kaleem
pueblo85

Post by pueblo85 »

Thank you Kaleem for your message.Yes, there is some good place to visit in France.I suppose that pakistani are also very friendly too.I've been in southern India in the past but never visited Pakistan at this time.I hope visit it one day and also Afghanistan,an other magic place, when the situation will be better. I would like so much vist Central Asian area for it's history, his inhabitants and plants and gardens.Because you love plants and gardesn like us.
Anyway,Thanks again and I hope do interesting exchange with Pakistani gardeners.
Take care and continue to sow seeds of Peace.
Pueblo85
KAMasud
City: RawalPindi

Post by KAMasud »

@pueblo 85 how about some snaps from your garden so that we also get a insight into your likes and dislikes other then the herbs which you have named.
Regards.
pueblo85

Post by pueblo85 »

Salam,

I am growing various kind of plants,outside, and under a cold greenhouse.I like very much Cucurbits and solanaceous plants, especialy,Datura,Solanum, physalis.
I grow various ornamentals climber especialy Ipomoea species.I have also an interest about aromatic plants like basil,salvia,phlomis...

I can post a list of seed species which are available on trade in a further mail if you want.

There is a medicinal plant which I am particularly interesting in is Ferula (like a giant carrot whith aromatic root).It is know in Pakistan under the local name "Hing".
Any speciesof resinous Ferula interesting me,especialy Ferula sumbu ]which is occured in Tadjikistan and Afghanistan and may be grow in North-west area of Pakistan (Islamabad and Peshawar).
If there is member which can provide me somes fresh seeds or who know a possible seed source,I am intersting.

Thanks a lot.

Pueblo85
KAMasud
City: RawalPindi

Post by KAMasud »

Waa la kum asSalam,

Hing, Asafoetida, Gum of the Stink Sand. Flatulence ans spasmodic contraction of stomach. Never went looking for its plant. Has to be investigated but raw product Hing is available.

Datura Arborea. Bougamancia Candida. Cannot concentrate thought, brain floats in thousands of problems. This grows all around Pindi/Islamabad but never had any ideas at all to go near it. Ok, i can put on thick rubber gloves and check this plant. Wait for a few days the rains have not started as yet.It is a poison are you sure there are no import restrictions?

Solanum. Thats a broad based genric name any thing in particular. Going by Datura then you must be after the Deadly Night Shade? Belladona?

Physalis again Solanum family.

Are you by any chance collecting all the virulent poisons?

Ask around maybe some one else may be willing to send it at a premium.
Regards.
NaziaShakeel
City: Lahore

Post by NaziaShakeel »

Dear pueblo85, welcome to this wonderful community.. I am also new to this forum, hope to see you around...

Return to “Introduction”