OUT OF PLACE

Off-Topic & Non-Gardening chat goes in here, a friendly hangout area.

Moderator: Izhar

Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: OUT OF PLACE

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Where I live, my home, my garden, my work, my hobbies even my family all create a profile about me and enable you as a member to relate and interact with me on a more human level. that is whats so nice about this forum, lets not spoil it please
I fully agree. I just don't want only to see Brig Arif's Amaraylis, Khabbab's Fragrant ventures, Syed Adnan's Bulbs or Dr Sb's exotic, or for that matter any other member, I want to know them as people too....Only then i can understand the way of their gardens and gardening. Interaction on personal level. Ofcourse otherwise i can see any flower's photo or even advice also on internet.

We are forgetting one thing.....The heading on Top says Gardening Pakistan......Connecting community through gardening
Normally i visit this forum daily (half an hour) by clicking "ACTIVE TOPICS"; here if i found out majority of dicussion off-topic how could i quench the thrust of discussing gardening ?
Lets analyze the contents of Non Gardening Talk sub section. It has been there for a while. What does it have...greeting, Eid Mubariks, threads where we are looking for other members......and more recently few posts of Imran Khurram Sb, maybe which have caused this hullabaloo. I think people have made their point that they want things more related to gardening and any member in future will be careful to post totally out of the blue thing.

Forum is duly moderated and all post read. We do not let forum divert from its main theme. Therefore spamming/diversion/off topic is always catered for.....
We have mixed opinion till now. Lets create a poll for numbers in favor or against.
newton
City: jhelum

Post by newton »

Farhan Ahmed wrote: Forum is duly moderated and all post read. We do not let forum divert from its main theme. Therefore spamming/diversion/off topic is always catered for.....
We have mixed opinion till now. Lets create a poll for numbers in favor or against.
As the subject matter has been precipitated by individual members actions and already personalised the risk is that poll is not objective enough to warrant a fair unbiased result. I feel it would be best to leave things as they are and monitor it for future analysis.

Indeed some very interesting discussions do "connect community through gardening" an example would the entries for cattle and dairy farming. a subject which is non gardening related but I personally found very worthwhile and educational. Any boring or lengthy articles mostly end up getting unread and ignored.

"We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what your actions make people think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far"
SaqibRasheed
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Red Rose!

Post by SaqibRasheed »

Yeah, I agree. If some one is posting a non gardening post and you do not like it then simply ignore it.
Pak elections result | electoral history of Pakistan
http://www.pakvoter.org

Return to “Non Gardening Talk”