Few pics of plants growing in the wild(Abroad)

Information on various Gardening Events & Showcases

Moderator: Izhar

M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Re: Few pics of plants growing in the wild...

Post by M Farooq »

Amazing KBW sahab! What a beauty in the wild. Wild Amaryllis and Curcumin...no words.

Regards,

Farooq
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Nature is the best gardener no doubt
Hamad Ahmed Kisana
City: Sheikhupura
Gardening Interests: Bulbs,Annuals,Perennials,Roses and Vines.

Post by Hamad Ahmed Kisana »

tahnks for sharing KBW saheb.we can see there is too much mulch present naturally...your photos are informative for us keep sharingand i havent words for beuty of amarylis..you are lucky that you have seen them growing wild..
KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Post by KBW »

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. :)

Seeing these plants in the wild, over the years, has taught me that how important it is to know the origin of a particular plant and then to develop an understanding of the habitat from which it comes. If one understands the habitat, he will do well with the plant. This also teaches us that we can not have all the plants for diverse climates in our house, just because we happen to like their beauty. And if we want to have them in an environment which is far different from their natural habitat, we will have to make comprehensive arrangements otherwise they will just die down. Should a plant die because I did not have enough knowledge how to take care of it? Hence the study of origin and original habitat of plants.... it's a very interesting study and perhaps an essential one too.

You have seen nature's mulch in the rainforests. That is what these plants like...... many of them are not growing in any kind of soil. But than there is a rain everyday, a canopy of tall trees which ensures dappled shade and so many animals and insects which provide them the ingredients that plants need to grow. There is heavy moisture and despite frequent rains, the drainage is excellent. So many of the plants and animals are helping each other to survive. It's amazing that how different plants have adapted themselves to survive.

I will keep posting these pics as and when I find them in my old files.

regards
Munir
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

Simply amazing!!! Subhan Allah ! Thank you KBW, for showing Allah's grace
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

These are amazing captures.. thank you KBW for sharing these beauties with us, we all really appreciate this effort..
rafique
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

Great Stuff to share. Really amazing and beautiful too..........
Nature really looks after its creations better than humans.

Thanks for sharing
Rafique
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

The Amaryllis, were they only at one spot or scatered all over the island? The absence of leaves they are related to naked lady Amaryllis Beladona and not Hippeastrum.
KBW
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Post by KBW »

Thanks for the comments, everyone :)

rafique wrote:Nature really looks after its creations better than humans.
Absolutely correct. In my view, it's very important to understand this point. For me personally, it opened up new vistas of understanding and more I travelled to explore the nature, more I realised that how little I know about this complex system that Almighty has created. Everything has a job to do.... nothing is without purpose.... and there is a system of inter-dependency in which every living and non-living thing is dependent on the other or is doing something for the other. And when we (the humans) take out something from that system or introduce something new which in our view is good, we fiddle with a perfect system without understanding it's implications. I wish more people in the world develop an understanding of this aspect. But this is a long discussion....
Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:The Amaryllis, were they only at one spot or scatered all over the island? The absence of leaves they are related to naked lady Amaryllis Beladona and not Hippeastrum.
They were at four or five different spot, if I correctly recall. All of them were up in the mountains in cooler and open sunny areas which had very few trees. None of them were growing in the forest. Everywhere, they were in clumps.
KBW
Donor
Donor

Post by KBW »

Pics of few flowering trees and shrubs.....

Return to “Flower Shows, Visits & Gardening Events/Showcases”