My one year old Garden....

Showcase your garden. Tell us what is flowering around you.

Moderator: Izhar

Rafaiy
City: Rawalpindi

Re: My one year old Garden....

Post by Rafaiy »

Beautiful garden you have there...just wanted to ask about your olive trees...are they bearing fruit?
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

i love Crotons so much but they do not survive here.anther plant i like is Khalifa which also does not survive the winters.Palms are so beautiful real tropical kings.
fa113nang311
City: lahore

Post by fa113nang311 »

Rafaiy wrote:Beautiful garden you have there...just wanted to ask about your olive trees...are they bearing fruit?

olive plant is young now. just planted it last year....will bear fruit after 5 years......is growing fast though....heard it has a life span of 500 years....was just testing if it can survive lahore...so far so good....
fa113nang311

Post by fa113nang311 »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:i love Crotons so much but they do not survive here.anther plant i like is Khalifa which also does not survive the winters.Palms are so beautiful real tropical kings.
the trick for croton is 3-4 hrs of sunshine, place it in a lesser windy and chilled place....if it survives one harsh winter then it will survive altogether....will post more photos later...
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

fa113nang311 wrote:

r u talking abt the second last picture....well i got that from patogi and it was called khalifa in their nursery term...dont know the botanical name...
I guess khalifa plant might be Acalypha. I was asking about the above picture. Thanks.
fa113nang311

Post by fa113nang311 »

M Farooq wrote:
fa113nang311 wrote:

r u talking abt the second last picture....well i got that from patogi and it was called khalifa in their nursery term...dont know the botanical name...
I guess khalifa plant might be Acalypha. I was asking about the above picture. Thanks.

Thats Blueberry Sharp Blue.its leaves have turned red i guess because of cold weather or not giving it any supplements.....i have tagged all my photos at photobucket but didn't seem that it carried here....
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

For you blueberry plant, ammonium sulfate is the best fertilizer for supply of nitrogen and sulfur.. use it after winters when the plant is forming new buds... it makes the soil acidic which is a must for blueberry plant..
fa113nang311

Post by fa113nang311 »

Izhar wrote:For you blueberry plant, ammonium sulfate is the best fertilizer for supply of nitrogen and sulfur.. use it after winters when the plant is forming new buds... it makes the soil acidic which is a must for blueberry plant..
tyvm 4 the advise....if i buy a 1kg pack can i use it for other fruit plants also or just blueberry??
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Yes it can be used in other plants as well... 1-2 table spoon dissolved in 10 liters of water.. irrigate your plants weekly with this solution..
fa113nang311

Re: My one year old Garden....More Fotos...

Post by fa113nang311 »

Return to “What is blooming in your Garden?”