Adenium Blooming

Showcase your garden. Tell us what is flowering around you.

Moderator: Izhar

rafique
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Roses

Re: Adenium Blooming

Post by rafique »

Really Nice and Beautiful.Thanks for sharing. I think would be good addtion for my garden.Informative for me,thanks.Are these plants easily available at nurseries?
Rafique
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

UMAR KHAN wrote:hai tweedle they are really a summer treat.very beautiful & unique.do they survive the winters.they are really a gardeners delight.thanks to share.
They are subject to rot in winter as well as in rainy season.They need to have a media which allows aeration and good drainage.I use Coarse Sand+Peat+d.Leaves and Cow Manure.Also treat them with NPK every 10 days in peak season.They perform as well as in Karachi or Thailand.They'll be bearing countless flowers in days to come.As for winter, you got to give them protection either by moving them indoors and stop watering or you can move them inside a plastic sheet protection.It's advisable to remove their leaves and stop watering.

Another good way is to store them wrapped inside a newspaper, bareroot.
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

Izhar wrote:Adeniums are blooming their hearts out in Karachi nowadays, more flowers then leaves. Karachi's climate is ideal for them and they flourish well in neglect.
They bloom here as well as in Karachi if provided with a well drained nutrient media.Last year I witnessed an adorable site of over 2 dozen flowers blooming per stem.This year I am expecting even better.I kept them inside plastic so they never shed their leaves during the winter.Most of these have 20+ buds per stem.
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

zaib wrote:MashaAllah, adorable collection.
Thanks, stay tuned.The best of the lot is still to flower.
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

rafique wrote:Really Nice and Beautiful.Thanks for sharing. I think would be good addtion for my garden.Informative for me,thanks.Are these plants easily available at nurseries?
May be in Karachi.Single flower adeniums are available in good nurseries but triple flowers may not be available.I think they are available in Karachi but not in Lahore.I provided over hundred plants to Lahore Nursery in Lahore last year.You should get these plants at 400/- to 800/- for single adenium and 1000/- for older varieties such as Triple amazing, valentine rose,naked paris etc and 1800/- to 2000/- for siam adenium's varieties like Siam yellow Rose, Gold Radiance, Orange Rose , Viva Las Vegas etc.In Lahore I am the only one who imports these plants.As per my knowledge in Karachi around 30 varieties of triple adenium are available.
mirafzalkhan
Site Admin
Site Admin
City: Karachi

Post by mirafzalkhan »

Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Adnan is right, they are available in Karachi, but they never stay at nurseries and are usually the first to go because of their beauty and trustworthy blooming habit.
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

Same case here Izhar.Last year I sold around 600 rosy adeniums.I never saw them at their peak.Only 3-4 plants.Whenever I wanted to see my adeniums I had to go to my clients place.They dnt even spare a tiny plant :lol: .Plus I dnt think anyone in Karachi buys from Siam as his plants are too expensive.I have 80 odd plants from siam.
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

More
Attachments
Shanghai Express by Siam Adenium
Shanghai Express by Siam Adenium
photo (3).JPG (125.81 KiB) Viewed 6616 times
miniature
miniature
photo.JPG (145.87 KiB) Viewed 6616 times
These are niniature adeniums.A treat to watch and they won't rot either.
These are niniature adeniums.A treat to watch and they won't rot either.
image.jpeg (134.06 KiB) Viewed 6616 times
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

Adenium flowers in bunches.Pictures I shared were first of the flowers of adeniums this season.In a couple of weeks they'll be blooming in bunches and will continue to do so untill it starts to rain in monsoon.In monsoon they stop flowering and grow vigorously.After monsoon they'll start flowering again till november.

Look at these buds, they'll give you an idea.
Attachments
photo (2).JPG
photo (2).JPG (122.73 KiB) Viewed 6616 times
image (3).jpeg
image (3).jpeg (115.95 KiB) Viewed 6616 times
image (2).jpeg
image (2).jpeg (91.26 KiB) Viewed 6616 times

Return to “What is blooming in your Garden?”