Group Purchase Blooms(Hamad/UK)

Showcase your garden. Tell us what is flowering around you.

Moderator: Izhar

Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Group Purchase Blooms(Hamad/UK)

Post by Hamad »

Gents I’m starting this thread for the group purchase that we just had or we would have in the future, it’s a place where all the members of group purchase can post their updates, because it will be great to be in touch and get the updates from you guys, that how did you find the bulbs and seeds, and how many seeds germinated or what about bulbs?

The idea behind this is to share the details of what happen next, and when I will get the updates step by step from sowing to germination, seedlings to mature plant and finally blooms it will make me feel like if I’m practising first hand and I will be as happy as a butterfly on the flower :) , because the way I was anxious about the purchase to be delivered now I’m curious for the rest of the process.

As I didn’t purchase any seeds/bulbs because I’m away and I have a Mali back home who is not so good in taking care of my plants or may be its because nobody guide him properly at home, or may be because its only me with green thoughts in my family so can’t complain I have wasted many seeds and bulbs by sending them home but I have stopped now, in London I do practise a little bit because of time and space constraints cant satisfy my appetite for green so this forum is the place where virtually I get my hands dirty to make myself satisfied.

I’m looking forward for the updates of group purchase :) I hope all of us will be happy with this thread :)

If management have any concerns do let me know we can delete/stop this thread straight away

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: Group Purchase

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Will do that Insha Allah.....but i guess most of the activity will start in September. Waiting anxiously for fall. :-)
Hamad
Donor
Donor

Post by Hamad »

farhan137 wrote:Will do that Insha Allah.....but i guess most of the activity will start in September. Waiting anxiously for fall. :-)
thanks Farhan really appreciate that and I will also be counting days on the calendar for fall to come ;) :)

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

I am and I guess everyboby is waiting for the suitable weather. I have made a list of seeds which have to be sowed. :D
Hamad
Donor
Donor

Post by Hamad »

looking forward :)
Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Hamad Kisana did you plant some of coral drops? did they sprout?
Hamad Ahmed Kisana
City: Sheikhupura
Gardening Interests: Bulbs,Annuals,Perennials,Roses and Vines.

Re: Group Purchase Blooms(Hamad/UK)

Post by Hamad Ahmed Kisana »

@hamad..thanks hamad bhai it is good start by you ..through this way we will get up-to date results of seed sowing and finally will choose best method used for seed sowing...
@farhan ...no farhan bhai both babiana and sparaxis which i planted are still dormant no sign of growth.
Hamad
Donor
Donor

Post by Hamad »

I remember Sparaxis was sprouting when I dispatch them but its surprising if they are not sprouting,

are they sprouting for any other member? if the bulbs from Dutch Bulbs will not sprout then we will never purchase from this supplier I was in doubt already when they sent me rotted Gloriosa Lily

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

Hamad wrote:I remember Sparaxis was sprouting when I dispatch them but its surprising if they are not sprouting,

are they sprouting for any other member? if the bulbs from Dutch Bulbs will not sprout then we will never purchase from this supplier I was in doubt already when they sent me rotted Gloriosa Lily

Hamad
A.o.a. Hamad bhai, The bulbs are perfectly fine what happened is that when the bulbs were meant to be planted at the time of purchase in the UK climate... When the bulbs came to Pakistan it was already too hot and thus was the resting (dormant) time of the bulbs... that is why no bulbs have sprouted soil temperature is above the required need of the bulbs. Some of the sparaxis that i had have now shed the green growing tip and have gone dormant like rest of the others
Hamad
Donor
Donor

Post by Hamad »

A.o.a. Hamad bhai, The bulbs are perfectly fine what happened is that when the bulbs were meant to be planted at the time of purchase in the UK climate... When the bulbs came to Pakistan it was already too hot and thus was the resting (dormant) time of the bulbs... that is why no bulbs have sprouted soil temperature is above the required need of the bulbs. Some of the sparaxis that i had have now shed the green growing tip and have gone dormant like rest of the others
O oo Ok thanks Tahir, I hope they will survive the long dormancy but I was worried if they are sub standard but lets see and I hope not fingers crossed ;) .

any news from Sutton Seeds??

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92

Return to “What is blooming in your Garden?”