A Doctor's First Step in the Art of Gardening!

Showcase your garden. Tell us what is flowering around you.

Moderator: Izhar

Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Re: A Doctor's First Step in the Art of Gardening!

Post by Mustansir Billah »

These blooms and plants are beautiful... Lemon plant does not like too much watering. So, plant around that corner where it gets little water or maybe in ground with this much watering will do fine.
Ifrah
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: I've just started loving gardening as a hobby. I'm new to it. But definitely wanna learn more.

Post by Ifrah »

Point noted. Thank you Mustansir sahab. :)
mikhurram
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

Good luck with your project. Would suggest removing the desi suckers from the grafted rose plant. They tend to grow back quickly and one has to keep an eye on them.
Ifrah
Gardening Interests: I've just started loving gardening as a hobby. I'm new to it. But definitely wanna learn more.

Post by Ifrah »

Asslamu alaikum warahmatullah!!

I so wanted to update my post on almost daily basis but I had an exam. So couldn't even give enough time to my plants. :(
But here I am now with some more updates..

These are my cute little tomatoes which are getting red & redder with each passing day & I always feel overjoyed when I look at them. The feeling is heavenly when you cook what you sow. :D
ImageImage
Ifrah

Post by Ifrah »

Among the flowers I've got:

My panises haven't bloomed yet. WHY??? :(

Lots of other paneeris, of dogflower & others I don't know the name.. :$

I have these two plants in huge pots at the entrance. My husband told it's Golden Palm.
S.Ahmed
Gardening Interests: Amateur gardener,Fragrant plants,Flowering Plants,Vegetables,Coconuts

Post by S.Ahmed »

Your garden bed(kyaari) and lawn(grass) should have concrete or brick separator/divider like these otherwise grass will invade garden beds and will needlessly keep your maali busy and It would also give your garden layout a finer and cleaner look.

The pot of that palm at the entrance looks nice but honestly the red colour is too dull and doesn't look good(maybe some people prefer dull colour but I don't). You could repaint it. First give it a coat of primer then red synthetic enamel. It will give a brighter and glossier finish. Although I have these palms as well but these days am fan of chinese fan palm.

Last edited by S.Ahmed on February 24th, 2014, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ifrah

Post by Ifrah »

S.Ahmed wrote:Your garden bed(kyaari) and lawn(grass) should have concrete or brick separator/divider like these otherwise grass will invade garden beds and will needlessly keep your maali busy and It would also give your garden layout a finer and cleaner look.
WOW.. The ideas are ZABARDAST I must say. Honsetly speaking I've been thinking about this issue quite a lot & have been surfing my brain for ideas. Your post has literally made my day. Jazak Allahu khair.

I was also thinking about placing little bamboo-shaped tiles as separator. I don't have any picture for this one. What do you say about this?! :?
Ifrah

Post by Ifrah »

Some other bloomers are:

S.Ahmed
Gardening Interests: Amateur gardener,Fragrant plants,Flowering Plants,Vegetables,Coconuts

Post by S.Ahmed »

Ifrah wrote:
S.Ahmed wrote: I was also thinking about placing little bamboo-shaped tiles as separator. I don't have any picture for this one. What do you say about this?! :?
Any rock/tile/paver/brick can be used as separator as long as it is deep enough to keep grass roots at bay. My grass separator goes approx 4 inch deep and works just fine.
Ifrah

Post by Ifrah »

S.Ahmed wrote:
Ifrah wrote:
S.Ahmed wrote: I was also thinking about placing little bamboo-shaped tiles as separator. I don't have any picture for this one. What do you say about this?! :?
Any rock/tile/paver/brick can be used as separator as long as it is deep enough to keep grass roots at bay. My grass separator goes approx 4 inch deep and works just fine.
Thank you so much Ahmed sahab for the info. I'll soon proceed to this insha Allah! :)

Return to “What is blooming in your Garden?”