Lemon Tree

Discussions on Ornamental & Fruit Trees/Shrubs

Moderator: Izhar

M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Re: Lemon Tree

Post by M Farooq »

Mustansir Billah wrote:I have bought fungicide labelled NT Spray 100ml By SHWNBA Sons. It is yellow in color and gives white color on mixing with water. If anyone knows about it please tell me. Does pesticide and Fungicide are the same??

Becoming milky is a common trait for many pesticides- so it is not a diagnostic. It arises because of insolubility issues of the pesticide in water. Pesticide is a general word. Fungicide is a special class of pesticide that is specifically designed for controlling fungal diseases (and fungus itself belongs to the plant kingdom :-)

Can you find the ingredient? Carefully follow the instructions especially the mixing ratios with water. Use as suggested on the bottle.
kashif
City: Kalatiiii
Gardening Interests: lite to glow my own vedetables and lot of phuloots
(or taa boloon)

Post by kashif »

Hi Mustansir
Can u pls give update on your lemon plant what happen after u apply fungicide spray or any other application so other people can benefit also and save thier lemon

cheers
Mustansir Billah
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

I'll upload it in 1 weeks because of some Internet problem and the fungicide that I sprayed is really working...
Mustansir Billah

so here it is.... It is although fighting with disease and is now about 1/4 of its size but now it is getting better...
Attachments
Lemon.jpg
kashif
(or taa boloon)

Post by kashif »

Mustansir Billah wrote:so here it is.... It is although fighting with disease and is now about 1/4 of its size but now it is getting better...

Wow thats look great .... what else u did just shred the stem and its still in same pot.... beside NT fungiside spray did u apply anything else

cheers
Mustansir Billah

Just Izhar's Tips..
M Farooq

Post by M Farooq »

Mustansir Billah wrote:so here it is.... It is although fighting with disease and is now about 1/4 of its size but now it is getting better...
Good to know that your lemon survived from fungus. The leaves are currently yellowish which means either it is getting little sunlight and/or little food. You can sprinkle cow's manure to begin with, and ensure that it is getting full sunlight. If khaad doesn't work, a foliar spray will be helpful; at times iron shortage also causes yellow colour.
kashif
(or taa boloon)

Post by kashif »

Mustansir Billah wrote:Just Izhar's Tips..
ok , i ve another question i borrowed npk (tiny blue granuels) from my neighbour i put in spray bottle but they didnt dilute in water what should i do and i bought fungiside (stradec lambda) they dont ve "nt spray" just making sure i m buying right stuff bcause on fungicide bottle its not mention any fungicide or any ingredients just using instructions, let me tell u why i m asking this just bought lemon tree in start of april as soon i transplanted in pot (terrace) i lost all leaves, all stem and branches are still green though, cant include pic phone is broken so any of the members here give me advice will be much appreciated... just worried and still learning.

cheers
kashif
M Farooq

Post by M Farooq »

kashif wrote: ok , i ve another question i borrowed npk (tiny blue granuels) from my neighbour i put in spray bottle but they didnt dilute in water what should i do and i bought fungiside (stradec lambda) they dont ve "nt spray" just making sure i m buying right stuff bcause on fungicide bottle its not mention any fungicide or any ingredients just using instructions, let me tell u why i m asking this just bought lemon tree in start of april as soon i transplanted in pot (terrace) i lost all leaves, all stem and branches are still green though, cant include pic phone is broken so any of the members here give me advice will be much appreciated... just worried and still learning.
Kashif not all fertilizers are water soluble and they are not meant for spraying until and unless specifically designed so. Simply sprinkle a small amount and water very well. And in the pot you have to extra careful in terms of quantity (may be 9-10 granules to begin); ideally start with cow's manure.

I could not find the name of your fungicide or its variation on the internet. Please re-check the spelling from the bottle along with manufacturer.
Mustansir Billah

Just simply goto one of the shop infront of askari park and tell them the lemon plant is having this problem and they will suggest you the appropriate fungicide spray and also ask them for water soluble NPK 20 20 20. It will surely be helpful In Sha Allah. The problem which I am facing also occured after shifting the plant into bigger pot...

Return to “Trees & Shrubs”