Passiflora

Moderator: Izhar

AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Passiflora

Post by AhmadIrfan »

@ khabbab any update on the passiflora seeds ?? I planted 3 plants in the ground they were doing well but they died during the frost, 2 weeks ago i found some new growth coming out of the ground and to my surprise it was passiflora, now new nodes are appearing from the ground 2-3 feet away as well, from one plant now i have almost 7 new nodes.
Attachments
20130314_092746.jpg
20130314_092743.jpg
20130314_092730.jpg
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Re: Passiflora

Post by khabbab »

Well i did not put any of those passies into ground due to lack of space. All seedlings are in 7 inches pot. They survived the winter easily and are starting new growth. I will move them to bigger pot and hope they bloom by next year. But on back of my head, i know some seed grown passies are shy to flower for many years :(
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Irfan these must be sprouting roots.
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

This is the reason i did not plant passie into ground. Its runners are very annoying. That happened to passiflora incarnata which i put in ground and then got rid of it as my small space cannot afford it. But if you have space, you can enjoy lots of plants :)
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor

Post by AhmadIrfan »

i had the blue/purple passiflora many years ago this never happened to those plants, they very tasty treats for the terminates who infested my garden back then. I will probably saperate these and put them in different locations since two plants are growing betweem the nanthra border.
Hameed Malik
City: Multan
Gardening Interests: Beginner in gardening

Post by Hameed Malik »

Hello AhmadIrfan
please tell ud if ur blue and purple Passiflora is fruiting or not?
after how many years it starts fruiting.
Will it b available from Lahore or Pattoki.

Return to “Vines”